To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, GA
- Dan Hershman
- Phone: (440) 565-0244
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Information Technology
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of business application systems to support the business unit’s operational objectives. Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology and business unit projects, on an enterprise level. Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Provides management oversight and direction for two or more inter-related functional areas of IT (e.g. mortgage platforms) representing a wide range of activities. Actively participates with the top IT Executives to establish, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology department. Analyzes the needs of different business units and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing an IT strategy and the related activities needed to execute. Directs the planning and coordinating of activities pertaining to technology and business unit projects on an enterprise level. Ensure the overall alignment of the IT activities to the business needs and advises the business on their overall goals.
- Partner with the CIO, CDS (Chief of Development and Support), CTO, business unit leaders, external partners and suppliers to leverage technology to enhance business operations.
- Participate in the formulation of the company's business system architecture plans, assessing cost and feasibility of system request; ensure plans support both strategic and near-term needs
- Implement business system plans; direct the development, release, and maintenance of company business application and process control systems.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants, and senior company management to define service levels
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
Fifteen (15) years of IT and business/industry work experience to include the development and Implementation of large Mortgage Platforms. Experience in Mortgage Platforms and Data management across multiple hardware and software platforms. Ten (10) years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams or projects. Empower experience a plus but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of the industry's standard business practices, products, and services
- Knowledge of information system development strategies.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to organize, plan, execute large-scale projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and persuade business unit leaders
- Ability to analyze project and business needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multi-discipline work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- Master's Degree is preferred.