To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westchester, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Customer Service Specialist
AIM Specialty Health • Westchester, IL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is located in Westchester, IL
Pay: $15 an hour
Permanent full-time (40 hours)
- Enter demographic and screening information from a requesting physician office or provider via telephone or web-based input into the preauthorization computer system
- Screen preauthorization requests using approved criteria and guidelines
- Identify and appropriately refer cases to preauthorization nurses for clinical review
- Provide information to referring/rendering physician offices and network service providers regarding program requirements
- Maintain personal client files updated with the most current client fact sheets provided
- Monitor department voice mail and process preauthorization requests in accordance with departmental guidelines
- Maintain telephone service standards in accordance with departmental goals
About AIM Specialty Health
- Prospective clinical review of outpatient advanced imaging procedures such as CT, MRI, Nuclear Cardiology and PET Scans
- Clinical review for cardiology and specialty pharmacology products and services.
- Oncology Management programs leveraging AIMs proven specialty benefit platform to drive consistent and effective cancer care through services review along with management of close to 70 oncologic drugs.
- Specialty Drugs programs to provide review for over 142 specialty drugs offering providers an automated drug review process through our provider friendly web portal.
- Sleep Management, designed to align the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea against clinical guidelines, enhance member access to high value providers and ensure treatment compliance for the dispensing of supplies.
Our programs combine clinical excellence, its innovative technology and a commitment to customer service, ensuring the company's on-going leadership in the rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
These benefits include:
- An array of Health, Dental and Vision Care Insurance plans
- Term Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Employee Savings Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tax-advantaged health care and dependent flexible spending plans
- Health club reimbursement allowance
- Licensure reimbursement for medical professionals
Our total rewards package is designed to attract, motivate and retain qualified individuals. Whether you are interested in medical utilization management, nursing, information technology, accounting and finance, marketing or human resources, there may be an opportunity for you at AIM. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
We are a nonprofit agency working to bridge the skill gap for unemployed residents of Chicago and Cook County. You must be an unemployed or underemployed resident of Cook County to take to advantage of our services.
- H.S. diploma or GED;
- 2 years of experience in a high-volume, fast-paced interactive customer service or call center environment;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of medical terminology including spelling.
- Detailed oral and written communications skills required.
- Candidates should have solid typing speed and accuracy, and good computer skills, with the ability to utilize multiple computer systems in desktop environment to accomplish results.
WellPoint is ranked as one of Americas Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, one of the 100 Best Places to Work by Working Mother magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).