To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Legal Servings Associate - Manhattan
Signature Bank • New York, NY
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join a winning team! Signature Bank® has been ranked among the Top 10 on Forbes' list of Best Banks in America for six consecutive years!
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services.
The Bank operates Signature Financial, LLC, a specialty finance subsidiary focused on equipment finance and leasing, transportation financing and taxi medallion financing. Investment, brokerage, asset management and insurance products and services are offered through the Bank’s subsidiary, Signature Securities Group Corporation, a licensed broker-dealer, investment adviser and member FINRA/SIPC.
Legal Servings Associate, Manhattan
In this position, you will process legal servings delivered to Signature Bank and its subsidiaries ensuring they are completed correctly and on a timely basis. If you have a keen eye for detail, are highly organized with exceptional time management skills, this immediate opportunity might be a fit!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Receive and process a high volume of legal servings delivered to Signature Bank and its Subsidiaries (i.e. Subpoenas, Levies, Restraints, Summons, etc)
- Ensure all legal servings are properly received by Signature Bank, drawn up and addressed to the company/subsidiaries and delivered to the Legal Servings area
- Search and identify responsive accounts; restrain or freeze funds as required by law
- Prepare all documents required to be re-produced by Subpoenas (i.e. bank statements, transactions, records, etc)
- Organize and maintain files related to the legal servings, including information regarding delivery, response and all actions taken
- Communicate, provide updates, and obtain information regarding legal servings from various internal and external sources (i.e. Private Client Groups, Attorneys, IRS, FBI, DOL, Sheriff/Marshall, etc)
- Prepare and organize file boxes for archiving, bate stamp documents, create reports as needed
- Answer court appearances where necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 year experience processing legal servings preferred
- Knowledge of Subpoenas, Levies, Restraints, or Summons preferred
- Strong interest in Legal Servings and highly motivated to learn
- Knowledge of banking procedures and regulations a plus
- Working knowledge of bank systems and imaging software helpful (FIS e-vision)
- Ability to lift and move file boxes of approximately 15 pounds
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to process high volume of work independently
- Able to meet deadlines, multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure
- Good team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Good communication skills; able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
Signature Bank offers a competitive compensation (BONUS PROGRAM), an excellent health benefits package including, 401(k) plan with generous company match, gym reimbursement, pet insurance, tuition reimbursement, award winning wellness program, and much more for qualified employees!
Service is our cornerstone!
View available Careers with Signature at www.signatureny.com/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Agencies Please