To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Community Program Coordinator for non-profit health care org!
WorkRocket • Washington, DC
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is your opportunity to truly get involved in the DC community and make your mark on a worthwhile and beneficial organization. Help spread support, collaboration, and fun to children with disabilities and their families by organizing member focused events and activities. Get excited about the importance of the cause and the opportunity to improve the quality of life for patient members.
The HSC Health Care System is searching for a Community Program Coordinator for their Department of Family and Community Development in Washington, DC. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and organizing events for plan members and their families, developing support groups, sports programs, and other activities and resources beneficial to members.
The Department of Family and Community Development is within The Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc., (HSCSN) which is a health plan serving children and young adults up to age 26 who live in Washington, DC and receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
This is more than just a health insurance plan. HSCSN is just one component of The HSC Health Care System which provides a full circle of care, combining the resources of a health plan, pediatric hospital, home health agency and nonprofit foundation to serve and empower families with complex health care needs. It is a true team approach that includes pediatricians, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, psychologists, social workers and other health care specialists to meet individual care needs. The goal is to help each child to gain the skills and confidence to reach his or her full independent potential, and also support families throughout the care process.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Great benefits – Including medical, dental, vision, Rx, life, disability, excellent 403(b) plan with matching, employee assistance program, tuition assistance, professional development opportunities, 20 days of annual leave, and federal credit union membership.
- Training – There is a supportive staff that will help you get started in your role.
- Advancement opportunities – There are many avenues that you can pursue throughout the company if desired.
- Stability – The HSC Health Care System began as a small home for children in 1883, now The HSC Pediatric Center. Over the years, it has expanded to include the health plan, home health agency and a parent foundation to ensure sound fiscal management.
- Extraordinary culture – Their staff is passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people they serve and within the disability community. Their culture is one that values people, quality health care, service, compassion and efficiency.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
About the Company: The HSC Health System is a nonprofit health care organization committed to serving people with complex health care needs and eliminating barriers to health services. The System combines the resources of a health plan, pediatric specialty hospital, home health agency and parent foundation to offer a comprehensive approach to caring, serving and empowering people with disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Interest and passion for community outreach, organizing community events, social work, public health, and/or children and families in need
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license