To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
San Jose • San Jose, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Prestigious Nonprofit Organization seeking an Accounting Manager/Controller to be a key member of the accounting department,ensuring the department meets all reporting objectives which drive business decisions and assist in the development and implementation of financial and operational performance metrics. The Accounting Manager oversees the financial close process as well as the quarterly reports.
Primary areas of responsibility include assisting in the internal controls oversight, financial reporting, payroll accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as setup and maintenance of assigned entities within the accounting system. The Accounting Manager works closely with the external auditors and the CFO to ensure thorough and accurate audits.
The Accounting Manager assists the CFO in the improvement of existing and/or implementation of new reporting systems to better provide the management team with operational and accounting information necessary to proactively manage a growing business. Success in the role will be measured by the ability to positively influence and interact at all levels of the organization as well as by successfully mentoring and developing the accounting team.
- Direct the technically accurate preparation and timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for multiple entities.
- Prepare or monitor accounting process to ensure proper allocation.
- Thoroughly review entity level financial statements, variance analysis, related account reconciliations and supporting documents to ensure that the financial statements are in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP).
- Stay abreast of current accounting standards. Identify and research accounting issues as they arise and prepare written recommendation for appropriate accounting treatment to ensure GAAP compliance.
- Maintain regular contact and build solid working relationships with other corporate departments to ensure a high level of customer service. Coordinate activities with other corporate departments to ensure a high level of service and work products.
- Act as the primary liaison to external auditors and manage the annual financial audit of the assigned portfolio as well as the retirement plan audit. Assist in the submission and review of the annual tax return preparations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the accounting policies and procedures to ensure proper segregation of duties.
- Manage, mentor and develop a high performing professional accounting team.
- Actively participate in any departmental training and education programs. Seek out opportunities to contribute to the success of the programs by identifying areas where training is needed and assist in developing appropriate training materials.
- Demonstrate an understanding of system capabilities and limitations and proficiency in its use.
- May serve on one or more cross-functional committees providing guidance and appropriate department representation.
- Participate in or lead special projects as opportunities arise. Take ownership of the project and follow through to completion within established timeframes.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Manage cash reporting functions
- Nonprofit experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA or public accounting highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills