To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
- Merlina Elwin
- Phone: 410-381-5220
- Phone:: 410-381-5229
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Part-time Program Assistant (non-profit)
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Program Assistant (P/T – 25/hours per week - Non-profit)
HR Anew is a full service human resources management consulting and professional services firm headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. Our work is grounded in innovation, thought leadership, and performance excellence as we work in collaboration with clients to recruit, develop professionally, and retain employees. To learn more about HR Anew visit our website at (www.hranew.com). Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
We are in search of a qualified and experienced Program Assistant for the part-time position with our client, U.S. Dream Academy. Details about the organization and position are listed below. To complete and submit your application for consideration, please visit the U.S. Dream Academy's job site listed below:
Founded in 1998, U.S. Dream Academy’s vision is to break the cycle of intergenerational incarceration that affects society’s most vulnerable children and youth through an approach that emphasizes academic instruction and values-based character-building. The organization targets 2nd through high school students, and seeks to intervene at critical points in their education before it is too late to provide the necessary support. U.S. Dream Academy has served over 9,000 students to date in high risk neighborhoods to include high crime rates, high levels of poverty and little access to high quality academic support. The organization currently operates in seven (7) cities including: Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, MD; Philadelphia, PA; Houston, TX; Orlando, FL; Indianapolis, IN, and Salt Lake, UT. Due to the widespread demand for its program, U.S. Dream Academy is committed to expanding its reach to serve many more students than it currently serves and recognizes that it will need to build infrastructure and capacity in order to support this future growth. For more information, please visit: www.usdreamacademy.com.
Under the direction of the Center Director, the Program Assistant is responsible for assisting with the academic enrichment program, social values building program, as well as various administrative tasks.
To perform this job successfully, Program Assistant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and education required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Must have a pleasant attitude; Ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults; Understand issues surrounding incarceration and the impact on families; Excellent organizational skills; Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects to meet simultaneous deadlines; Proficiency in MS Office applications, database and spreadsheet software; Proficiency in internet and social media applications.
Education and Experience – High School diploma or equivalent; Two to three years’ experience working with children in an academic setting; Previous experience working with children who live in at-risk communities; Previous clerical experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Assist Education Specialist with the preparation of resources and materials for daily lesson plans, activities and other coordinated projects
2) Assist Education Specialist in delivering the daily curriculum which encompasses the Dream Academy’s three core elements of student enrichment; skill-building, character-building, and dream-building
3) Assist Education Specialist with implementing pre- and post-academic assessments
4) Assist with generating academic assessment reports using SuccessMaker
5) Maintain accurate filing system (student registration, mentor applications, etc.)
6) Monitor daily attendance and mentor session attendance, maintaining daily sign-in sheets
7) Monitor the efficient functioning of computer software applications and hardware, promptly reporting problems and assisting with alternate plans to work around technology issues
8) Assist Center Director with student recruitment initiatives (e.g., DALC special events, community and school events)
9) Attend semi-annual National Staff Training conferences
To perform the job successfully, the Program Assistant should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organizational Support
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Safety and Security
Share Your Résumé With Us…
U.S. Dream Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. To complete and submit your application, please visit:
- U.S. Dream Academy's job site - https://dreamacademy.skillsmart.us
The Dream Academy conducts reference checks, background investigations, fingerprinting and/or skills testing; and maintains an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Thank you for considering career opportunities with us.