To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- De Pere, WI
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources / Safety Manager
Green Bay Packaging Inc. – Folding Carton Division • De Pere, WI
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay WI based company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations operating in 15 states that serve the corrugated container, folding carton and coated label markets.
Green Bay Packaging – Folding Carton Division is an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Human Resource / Safety Manager to join our thriving team in Fremont, Ohio. The successful candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate the Human Resource/Safety functions of the organization. This position will oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with senior leaders on strategic planning; serve as a business partner with the all and serve as a link between the division’s management team and our employees.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Perform recruitment activities, place ads, screen candidates, interview and complete reference checks for select candidates.
- Conduct new employee orientation, coordinate on-boarding process with supervisors, complete new hire paperwork, communicate/enrollment process of company benefits.
- Manage annual open enrollment and associated wellness programs.
- Manages and directs the company safety program and ensures it is in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Update and train on all written safety programs as required, coordinate safety training and ensure managers and employees follow all safety policies.
- Investigate work-related near misses and incident reports.
- Manage workers compensation as self-insured employer with third party administrator.
- Oversees all areas of legal compliance including, but not limited to, OSHA, the Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Employment Opportunities.
- Establish and maintain department training records.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee headcount reports
- Lead safety committee, associated meetings and incident investigators.
- Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee issues; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Reviews, monitors, administers and as necessary, modifies company Human Resources and Safety policies, coordinating with Corporate as necessary.
- Be on Food Safety/BRC, HACCP Team and assist in implementation of all aspects of the program.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Safety related field, Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Safety and Health
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Willingness and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Preferred experience supporting a front line organization in a manufacturing environment
- Change management expertise is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence the decision making process
- Self-directed in accomplishing duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in both oral and written form.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time essential.
- Must be able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Organization skills a must.
- Must be able to direct the work of others.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to actively listen a must.
- Must be able to resolve conflict in a timely manner.
Green Bay Packaging is well known as an employer of choice in every market we service. We are privately held, well capitalized and a culture that is second to none. Come check out what Green Bay Packaging has to offer.
We offer a stable work environment, modern facilities and a high quality of life location. In addition, the selected candidate will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
If you are interested in pursuing this exceptional career opportunity with a solid, stable company, please send your resume and salary history to:
Green Bay Packaging Inc.
Attn: Bob Fieck
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.