To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77040
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sustaining Engineering Manager
HumCap LP • Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A global company specializing in technically advanced, state of the art down hole conveyance for the oil and gas industry. With offices located in the US, UK, Malaysia, Dubai and Australia, is a growing entrepreneurial minded company and rapidly expanding our global footprint. Looking for a Sustaining Engineering Manager in the Houston area.
The primary function of the position is to manage the day to day activities of the global sustaining engineering team at our Houston, TX location. The Sustaining Engineering Manager will provide leadership and direction to drive improvements to existing products and provide support to the global field team to exceed customer expectations. The position reports to the Director of Engineering.
· Manage and develop the sustaining engineering group to meet business objectives. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members to promote their development and proficiency.
· Provide escalation management, reporting and assistance on customer escalations.
· Proactively manage product design changes for the product life cycle.
· Develop design concepts with appropriate drawings and bill of materials.
· Work with supply chain to source supplies for materials, ensuring cost and quality goals are met.
· Coordinate and complete all engineering tests and performance studies.
· Develop and publish all final process documentation and specifications, working with sales/marketing to align data and instructions for use.
· Manage the continuous improvement process by conducting effective root cause investigation and analysis, implementing corrective/preventative actions, and maintaining quality metrics for monitoring and measuring.
· Prioritize sustaining projects and assign appropriate resources, utilizing best practices and tools to ensure that project timelines, budget, and objectives are met. Implement metrics to track project milestones and deliverables.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and management in a timely fashion, identifying potential issues and devising contingency plans.
Education and Experience
· A minimum of 10 years management experience, managing people, resources, equipment, and budget.
· A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical, or industrial, a Master’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects required.
· Strong oil and gas industry background desired.
· Proficient in SolidWorks, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills