To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ronkonkoma, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Satellite TV Installer/Technician
MasTec Advanced Technologies • Ronkonkoma, NY
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MasTec Advanced Technologies is one of the largest DirecTV installation and service companies in the United States, serving over 200,000 customers each month in single-family homes or local businesses. We currently operate in over 36 markets and 52 local offices nationwide to deliver the ultimate television viewing customer experience. Representing the face and/or brand of DirecTV, our satellite technicians receive the highest level of support from senior-level technicians and their management team.
What do Satellite TV Installers/Technicians do?
You will install, service and upgrade DirecTV satellite systems. This is a great opportunity to put your experience in computers, electrical, maintenance, cable, military and customer service to work for a great company. In this role, sometimes you’re the ‘make it happen’ tech who gets households and businesses up and running with all the TV they love – up to 285+ channels. Some days you’re the ‘save the day’ tech, fixing the system if things go wrong and bringing the TV back (this is especially critical on game days or season finales). And on other days, you’re the ‘rainmaker’ tech, upgrading customers’ systems to maximize their DirecTV experience.
At MasTec, our most successful Installation Techs have these four things in common:
- Friendly, approachable, love meeting new people and can talk to just about anyone
- Solid communication skills
- Deliver a good service experience for customers
- Enjoy the variety of assignments, including site surveys, equipment installation and troubleshooting
- Ladders and power tools are their version of a desk and office supplies
- Resourceful multi-taskers and problem-solvers who will do what it takes to troubleshoot issues
- Have the know-how and persistence to troubleshoot technical system issues
- Like to learn new technologies
- Ensure a quality satellite connection
- Know their way around a Galaxy smart phone
- Like making multiple customer visits per day because they’re motivated by the pay-per-job model
- At their best when working on their own and setting their own schedule
- Represent DirecTV and MasTec with integrity, professionalism and friendly service
- Take full advantage of the $500 in monthly perks (free DirecTV, company van, apparel and phone)
You’ll coordinate schedules with customers, review their order and begin the installation. Once the system is installed, you’ll give customers a tour of their DirecTV system to make the most of their new or upgraded service.
Installing the DirecTV technology:
You’ll conduct site surveys to establish the best positioning of the equipment for the strongest signal reception and formulate the wiring plan. You’ll place the mounts, dishes and receivers to ensure satellite connectivity.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college or technical school a plus
- Lift 80 pounds and climb 40-foot ladders
- Meet the 300-pound weight restrictions of our ladders (including approximately 25 pounds in a tool belt) as required by OSHA and our company safety standards
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and MVR (driving record) check
- Be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends or evenings
- Have basic computer skills
- All applicants will be required to speak with our recruiter via Facetime or Skype, so please make sure to set up an account
EAGER TO START YOUR NEW CAREER WITH MASTEC? Text the word Mastec to 713-322-4224 to get the interview process started!
Anything else you should know?
Whether you are a seasoned technician or just starting your career in the telecommunications industry, our new employees go through a five-week program (two weeks classroom training, three weeks field training) to develop and perfect the skills needed to be successful in this piecework earning position. 80% of our managers started as techs, and there is a clear promotion path to Field Technician Supervisor and Site Manager.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from a great place to work and a rewarding feeling that you’ve made someone’s day, our company provides employees with excellent benefits! In addition to a uniform, van, gas card and uncapped income potential, we offer health, vision and dental plans, life and supplemental life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401(k), vacation and holiday pay, employee assistance program, paid training, company-paid smartphone, employee referral bonuses and a discounted stock purchase plan. But that’s not all! We also have partnerships with different companies to bring you discounted gym memberships, hotels, Dell computers, mobile phones and services and personal vehicle purchases.
MasTec is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status.