To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7389 Lee Highway
Falls Church, VA 22042
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Developer – Information Technology
Torres - AES • Falls Church, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Business Developer – Information Technology
Torres Advanced Enterprise Solutions (Torres) is a global security, cyber security, and linguistics and information technology firm headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. with a global presence in Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Torres serves the highest levels of U.S. and foreign governments and commercial enterprises around the world. Torres consistently goes the extra mile to provide top-notch services to our clients regardless of the challenge. As a result, Torres has been named an Industry Leader in Government and Commercial Services by Inc. and Smart CEO magazines eight times since 2008.
Torres’s elite clients include the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of Justice; Fortune 500 companies such as Merck Pharmaceuticals, Shell, Pepsi, Citibank, Nike and McDonald's, organizations such as the EU, the Peace Corps, the UN and the Red Cross; and more than two dozen sovereign nations, including the governments of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Burundi, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Morocco, Mozambique, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Uganda and Zambia.
Torres has made a name for itself as a reliable provider of services under inhospitable conditions. For example, Torres provided uninterrupted professional services during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, as well as during armed conflicts, natural disasters, civil unrest and coups in Africa, Asia, the Americas, Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
Torres is seeking target driven, highly motivated and energetic Business Development Executive who has a proven track record in B2B Field Sales, with strong communication & influencing skills to be based out of Torres’s headquarters in Falls Church, . The primary focus of business development activities will be US driven as well as key international markets. The ideal candidate possess a BS and/or MS/MBA in Business Management, IT or a related field; have superior writing, negotiation, presentation and client management skills; be willing to travel; and have experience in IT solutions software as a service and architectural implementation; international business development; government contracts; software sales; and utilizing sales software applications. You’ll be part of an innovative team that strives to make the world work better. And you’ll help our clients visualize a future they did not think possible.
Business Development Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Master’s in Information Technology (or combination thereof)
- Based in or near Falls Church, VA but willing to travel globally
- A great attitude, infectious energy, who is self-driven with outstanding communication skills; superb presentation and writing skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to create and maintain customer rapport
- Forging new relationships with qualified prospects & building a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Onboarding new accounts/users helping them to reach their 'Aha moment'
- Helping clients derive 'core value' by driving product engagement & utilization
- Product Training - Remote sessions/ webinars
- Demonstrating value to clients through presentation of account reviews
- Contract Renewals / Account expansion
- Strong ability to grasp new things quickly - industry, technology, etc.
- Self-starter and willingness to work as a part of a skilled, dedicated and professional team
- Passionate and talented person to help provide solutions in Cloud, Big Data & Analytics, Security, Mobile and Social technologies and Data Mining
- Solutions driven in supporting our partners
- Having an existing book of business with end users, commercial and government contracts
- International business development
- Program Management
- Information Technology
- Sales experience with previous technical background in implementation
- Database and application software sales (e.g. Oracle, Java, Salesforce etc.).
- At least five (5) to ten (10) years of successful sales experience to end users, commercial and SLED contracts
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of software sales experience