To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
- Corey Christenson
- Phone: 402-896-9191 x110
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
Cornerstone Staffing, Inc • Omaha, NE
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Summary of the Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist reports directly to the Human Resources Manager. He/she manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. This position does recruiting and is responsible for employee relations, training, benefits, workers compensation and various employment reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Human Resources Generalist
- Organize recruiting and staffing logistics
- Post open positions internally as well as externally through the paper and online job posting sites
- Review applications/resumes, evaluating applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications
- Interview applicants
- Process background checks for all potential new hires for the plant
- Perform new hire orientations as well as GMP/Food Safety Training
- Process all new hire paperwork and report all new hires to the state
- Work closely with the Payroll Administrator to ensure all new hires are properly set up in ADP/Kronos prior to his/her start date
- Enter all new hires into E-verify
- Administer medical/dental benefits and Short Term Disability claims for employees
- Process employee terminations and administer COBRA
- Administer all Workers Compensation claims and work closely with Worker’s Compensation Risk Insurance representatives on work comp case management
- Involvement with employee safety, welfare, wellness/health and morale
- Administer unemployment claim processing and defense
- Coordinate, distribute, and report Uniforms and Shoes for Crews for employees
- Focus on employee relations and Union contract requirements
- Administer various employee recognition events (i.e. BBQ’s, retirements, etc.)
- Administer monthly employee sales
- Maintain personnel records, disciplinary action paperwork and applicant documentation
- Develop and maintain relationship with employment agencies, universities and other recruitment sources.
- Provide support and service to employees, including timely response to questions.
- Prepare and distribute end of period report pertaining to insurance and workers compensation updates
- Attend monthly safety meetings
Skills and Experience fpr the Human Resources Generalist
- Experience working with Senior Management.
- Ability to present candidates in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the new hires and employment.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Knowledge of internal human resources policies and procedures.
- Utmost confidentiality is required in this role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Qualifications of the Human Resources Generalist
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- 3 years of related experience in Human Resources.
- 2 years of recruiting experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various recruiting sourcing techniques.
- PHR Certificate preferred.
- Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and multi-task and use detail oriented skills.
- Ability to interface with various levels of employees and guests.
- Ability to professionally present company policies and practices.
- Ability to function independently in a fast pace environment.