To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sterling Heights, MI
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
MAG • Sterling Heights, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MAG is a leading manufacturing technology group for machining tasks in milling and turning for turnkey manufacturing systems and machines with customer-specific application technology.
MAG is globally represented with locations in Germany, in the US, China, India, Hungary, UK, and Switzerland.
With a strong foundation based upon renowned machine tool brands such as BOEHRINGER, Cross Hüller, Ex-Cell-O, and Lamb, MAG has become a global player since its founding in 2005. MAG serves the automotive and truck industries and their suppliers with unmatched technology and expertise.
MAG offers machine tools, manufacturing systems, and services including turning, milling, honing, systems integration, automation, software, maintenance, retrofit, e-learning, and core components for machine tools.
As full scale supplier, MAG manufacturing solutions include machining technology, process capability, system design and full turnkey systems.
MAG is seeking a team player with above average work habits, who is also able to work independently, to join the team as a Commissioning Engineer!
This person will:
Develop and validate software and hardwire design solutions supporting Manufacturing and Installation throughout the build and installation phases for Transfers, Special machines and CNC machining centers. Supports commissioning in Manufacturing and Installations,
Here are some projects this person will oversee on a daily basis:
- Coordinates engineering solutions for improvements/changes needed with the released engineering software and electrical drawings
- Communicates with initials release engineers to identify best resolution of issues.
- Ensures the resolutions are debugged or verified before being implemented throughout projects in Manufacturing and Installations.
- Maintains effective communication with Commissioning Technicians to ensure all issues are identified.
- Researches new technologies or systems that are implemented into our product insuring our design meets all the new requirements.
- Works with Commissioning Technicians troubleshooting controls problems or designs special electrical circuits following company standard, utilizing company’s change management process.
This person will also:
- Maintains contact with our supplier base to ensure most current information and products are utilized.
- Creates and maintains Software Engineering Change Notices throughout the build, installation and runoff phases of a project, generating required documentation for projects.
- Works with Training department in writing of controls and operating manuals, supporting and providing customer training.
- Shares ideas about process improvements and other cost saving measures with management.
- Maintains effective communication with Project Engineer, customers, other departments, and outside suppliers.
- Maintains an effective awareness of new innovations, materials, components, ideas, etc. for integration into current design.
MAG cherishes its workforce. 30% of our team has been with us for 25+ years. MAG values its team and sets itself apart by offering:
- Opportunities for growth, development and promotion
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
- Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off
- Occasional travel is common in this position if desired
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
O five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PLC / CNC / NC SKILLS
- Experience in one or more of the following CNC / PLC controllers,
o Siemens 840D
o Fanuc 31i / 32i
o Rexroth MTX.
- 5 axis machining centers, Cell Controllers, Transfer Machines.
- Ladder logic design, NC interface, NC programming, M-Codes, G-Codes and HMI development.
- Experience with Tool Management, Integrated Safety, Drive Parameters, Servo Drive Tuning.
- Profibus and Ethernet communication.
- Mechanically inclined with logical problem solving skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Visual Basic, C++, Proficient with Microsoft, Excel and Word. May require work assignments at the Port Huron facility. May require travel to customer plant locations.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to learn more, we invite you to please apply.
MAG Automotive is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Commissioning, engineering , manufacturing, engineer