To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bohemia, NY 11716
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP, Business Ops Solutions
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Bohemia, NY
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Nature’s Bounty Co. has a history of championing health and wellness tracing back 145 years. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Holland & Barrett®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The VP, Business Ops Solustions a leadership role within the IT organization, reporting directly to the Cheif Information and Business Transformation Officer. The IT Leader will manage the business partnerships with the Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering and Quality leadership teams and their extended company-wide organizations. The role will oversee and drive the strategy of program management leadership, business analysis, process improvement, and business intelligence services to ensure the successful delivery of key business objectives. The role will plan, execute, and finalize projects and programs according to strict deadlines and within budgets aligned to the business strategy.
• Client Management & Communication: Responsible for managing the relationship between IT and Executive level leadership within the business community, to provide technical and business process solutions to meet user needs. Responsible for communication with Executive and Senior Management as well as Department Managers within both IT and the Business Units.
• Business Analysis: Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
• Responsible for full life-cycle project management on large-scale IT projects in support of business objectives. Projects will include mix of vendor software package solution implementations and integration, as well as some in-house custom developed applications.
• Vendor Management: Management of technology vendor relationships, including contract execution and scope definition. Manage project budgets, timelines, and resource allocation and assignments.
• Team building: Constantly evaluate the staffing model for the IT Manufacturing team, both internal and external. Identify short and long term training and development needs for all team members.
• Research, Analyze & Document Requirements: Create opportunities for collaboration of project planning with Supply Chain Executives. Research, design and implement appropriate technology solutions within Supply Chain.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings and streamlining of various operations and business processes within Supply Chain, IT and other business units.
• Requirements Definition & Documentation: Consult with business users to gather and document information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
• Project Planning & Development: Prepare detailed description of program functions, and create project and task plans required to develop or modify customized computer programs or purchase packaged vendor applications.
• Unit & System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Manage and participate in testing activities, to refine and debug programs, and obtain required user acceptance documentation.
• Implementation & Deployment: Manage and schedule new system implementations and deployments.
• Training and End-User Documentation: Prepare user documentation and participate in end-user training, as required.
• Reporting: Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects. Monitor and summarize progress of project.
• Compliance: Ensures accuracy and completeness of all required Sarbanes-Oxley (SoX) documentation as well as any FDA regulatory requirements.
• 15 + Year experience within a Consumer Packaged Good Organization driving Business Solutions for a Global Supply Chain Operation; Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science
• APICS certification a plus
• ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certification a plus
• MA/MS or MBA a plus
• Packaged ERP system experience (Oracle preferred)
• Minimum 15 years experience with managing a team of IT professionals
• 10+ Years Demonstrated Project Management experience
• 10+ Years Vendor Management experience
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience preparing Business Requirements documents
• Track record in managing several projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Experience with Business Process Mapping and User Documentation
• Experience testing and implementing new applications
• Configuration experience with Consumption Base Planning, External Services Management,
Inventory Management, Master Data, Organizational Structure, Procurement, Subcontracting
• Experience in the Nutritional Supplement, Pharmaceutical, or other CPG (consumer package goods) public company is preferred
• Program and/or Portfolio Management experience a plus
• SoX compliance experience a must
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.