To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Council Bluffs, IA
- Steve Torosian
- Phone: 262-886-8000 ext 230
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Human Resources
PointOne Recruiting Solutions • Council Bluffs, IA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics - Human Resources Director:
These are the most important qualifications of the individual selected as the human resources director.
● Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
● Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality and unusual common sense.
● Able to direct the efforts of a team of diverse human resources professionals.
● Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while being cost-sensitive. Commitment to continuous learning.
● Expert in employment law and employee relations and communication.
● Ability to manage and oversee employee payroll
● Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
● Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
● Experience in multiple locations and globally is a plus.
● Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment.
● Experience in organization development and change management.
● Ability to own Work Comp, Health Care, FMLA
● Provide leadership in developing the company culture
● High energy and engaging personality a must
● Background in developing compensation programs and scales
The selected human resources director must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas:
● Guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company.
● Organization development, change management initiatives, and company-wide environment for employees.
● Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns.
● Demonstrated proficiency in policy development, documentation, and implementation.
● Responsible for community outreach and communication, and charitable giving.
● Managing external employment agencies, recruiters, and temporary staffing agencies.
● Analysis of the effectiveness of all human resources efforts.
Experience - Human Resources Director:
● 7-10 years of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in a similar industry in two different firms.
● Experience supervising and managing a professional staff.
● Experience in a union environment preferred.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
● Master’s in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred.
● J.D. a plus.
● SPHR designation will receive consideration, but is not required.