To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Rapids, MI 49953
- Jim Bernier
- Phone: 401-641-5487
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CNC Commissioning Technician
Black-Peak Technology, Inc. • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Client is seeking a CNC Commissioning Technician for a direct hire position in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Local candidates or relocation. Position details follow. If you are qualified and interested, please forward a Word copy of your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with Subject code: CTP-MI
COMMISSIONING & RD TECHNICIAN
Job ID: CTP-MI
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Compensation: $60k to $75k base + Overtime, Benefits, Company Vehicle, Cell Phone & Laptop
Travel Required: 45%
We are seeking a CNC Commissioning Technician who will commission CNC tube and bar sawing and machining equipment and provides startup training to the customer’s machine operators. A qualified candidate will perform post installation diagnostics and repairs to resolve machine faults by both remote connection to the machines from corporate offices as well as onsite diagnostics and repairs at customer facilities throughout North America.
- Following the mechanical installation of machine at a customer site (mechanical installation is performed by a crew of mechanical technicians which is outside of this job description), employee will travel to installation site and review machine startup checklist and resolve any noncomplying issues. Employee will adjustment commissioning parameters found within the NCU and PLC programs as required. Employee will Train customer’s operators on how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot machine and supervises startup of production after training is complete.
- Services existing machines by performing remote and onsite diagnosis. Resolves issues by determining proper course of action which may include several paths. Examples, but not limited to:
- Recommending that the customer purchase a spare part from internal sales department (this also involves communicating with our internal sales department and advising them on what part to quote to which customer).
- Communicating with our technical/engineering colleagues in Germany (in-house translators are available when required) to further diagnosis the problem.
- Travel to the customer site to perform the repair directly.
- Provides phone support for questions from customers. Examples, but not limited to:
- Answering machine setup questions.
- Diagnosing machine faults.
- Advising customers of machine capabilities.*
- Able to diagnose and modify existing Siemens Step 7 and 840D programs and associated parameters to resolve machine issues and/or modify according to customer’s special needs. This can be done remotely or on site at customer.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree related to the fields of industrial maintenance, industrial electrical and/or industrial controls (mechatronics) from a university or technical school is required.
- Candidates need four to six years of related experience with High Precision CNC or Industrial Machinery and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years’ experience with multi-axis servo for High Precision CNC or Industrial Machinery
Experience and working knowledge of Siemens Step 7 and 840D controls and programs required.
- A strong background in hands-on industrial mechanical, industrial electrical and industrial machine controls is required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have valid Drivers License and Passport
- Must be able to utilize the following: power and hand tools, precision (caliper, micrometer, precision machinists levels etc..) and gross
(measuring tape, ruler etc..) measuring instruments and electrical instruments (multimeter, ampmeter etc…)
- Must be able to travel – 45%.
Relocation is available for a qualified candidate
please see above.