To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1700 Lyons Road
Dayton, OH 45458
- Anjanette Watts
- Phone: 937-438-9100
- Phone:: 937-853-1695
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Home Health Aide/STNA
GemCity Home Care • Dayton, OH
Posted 5 days ago
Home Health Aide / STNA
Gem City Home Care is currently hiring Home Health Aides in our Southwest Dayton service area for home health care. Areas include Hamilton, Oxford, Trenton, Fairfield and surrounding communities.
- Company Matching 401(k)
- Employee Friendly Technology
- Friendly Office Support
- Excellent Pay Rates based on our Per Visit Pay Model
Gem City Homecare was once again named to the Home Care Elite as one of the Top Homecare Companies in the Nation!!
Previous Home Care experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary function is to provide personal health care and related services to the client in their place of residence; to assist in providing a safe and clean environment, work cooperatively with patient/family and share observations and problems with the supervisor. Works under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the Aide Plan of Care with appropriate documentation an utilizing infection control measures that protect bot the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Provides direct patient care to patient under the direction of the RN/licensed Therapist and according to the Aide Plan of Care to include personal hygiene and according to agency policy to include assistance with medications usually self-administered, as allowed by state and Agency regulations
- Provides necessary skill to appropriately report changes and documents pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care. Provides skills necessary to assist the patient with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake
- Provides effective, positive, supportive, and respectful communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services
- Provides necessary skills to assist the patient with safe transfers, exercise, and ambulation per agency policy
- Attends in-services, as required by regulation
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective for services furnished after August 14, 1990, a person who has successfully completed a State-established or other training program that meets the requirements of §484.36(a) and a competency evaluation program or State licensure program that meets the requirements of §484.36(b) or (e), or a competency evaluation program or State licensure program that meets the requirements of §484.36(b) or (e). An individual is not considered to have completed a training and competency evaluation program, or a competency evaluation program if, since the individual’s most recent completion of this program(s), there has been a continuous period of 24 consecutive months during none of which the individual furnished services described in §409.45 of this chapter for compensation.
- Successful completion of this agency’s competency evaluation program.
- Meets all federal and state standards of education and/or licensure to practice as a Home Health Aide.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Successful completion of State Tested Nursing Assistant program preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Successfully completes the Aide Competency Evaluation Skills Checklist and written Skills Test.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Demonstrates interest in the welfare of the ill and elderly.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled