To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3330 Chastain Meadows Parkway Northwest
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Outdoor Sportsman Group - Integrated Media • Kennesaw, GA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Outdoor Sportsman Group – Integrated Media is a multi-platform media company. We publish fifteen outdoor-oriented magazines; and have the outdoor market’s leading television stations, online digital networks, several top-rated television series, syndicated radio shows, and consumer events.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Accountant in our Kennesaw, Georgia office to prepare, compile, and analyze financial and accounting data to ensure that the Company's general ledger account balances and related activity are properly stated and reported on a timely basis each month. Also, this position is responsible for handling and understanding several publishing-specific accounting duties.
Job responsibilities include:
● Responsible for efficiently and effectively carrying out daily, weekly, and monthly accounting activities associated with the general ledger month-end closing process.
● Responsible for preparing various journal entries.
● Responsible for preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
● Responsible for the proper accounting and reporting of various balance sheet accounts, including cash, receivables, prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, deferred revenue, and equity.
● Responsible for preparation of various schedules related to federal and state income tax compliance reporting.
● Responsible for preparation of year-end, external audit schedules. Other ad hoc special projects.
Job requirements include:
● Dynamics GP experience and proficiency.
● Familiarity with Oracle 11i.
● High proficiency with MS Office software.
● Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
● Pro-active, self-starter personality, with the ability to meet deadlines and properly prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands.
● Professional attitude, appearance and manner.
● Dependable, good work ethic.
o Excellent communication skills: Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively; Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of audience.
● Pace and Scheduling
o Requires meeting strict deadlines.
● Education and Experience
o Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
o Minimum 4 – 8 years’ relevant experience
Please send cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.