To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
158 Tices Lane
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Human Resources
Express Management Holdings LLC • East Brunswick, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Human Resources, Retail, Management
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- The Director of Human Resources promotes and implements Human Resources values by planning and managing human resources programs and directing staff.
- The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function of the company.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Seeks ways to improve employee benefits packages.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the VP or COO or Partners, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management or related field
- Five years related experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) credential.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management or related field
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) credential.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Critical Evaluation – Actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating information
- Relationship Management – Supervision and maintenance of relationships between the company and both internal and external partners
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives recognition to others as appropriate.
- Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills
- Business Acumen – Intuitive and applicable understanding of how a company operates profitably
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning and decision-making processes; Accessible to staff; Provides regular feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Seeks to improve processes, products and services.
- Coaches, Supervises, and Performance Manages Human Resources Managers and Associates
- Responsible for working with available teams to recruit, hire, performance manage, and make employment decisions up to and including termination for Human Resources Managers and Associates
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
- Travel is primarily during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Monthly Travel to store locations throughout the East Coast for Human Resources presence in retail locations
Job ID: 2017-1415
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.