To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Windsor, CT
- Stephanie Sawyer
- Phone: 860-292-7500
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Information Technology
Southern Auto Auction • East Windsor, CT
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director of Information Technology
Southern Auto Auction
East Windsor, CT
Southern Auto Auction, one of the largest independently owned auto auctions in the country, is searching for a dynamic Director of Information Technology to lead its Technology Team. Southern Auto Auction has been in business for 70 years and is a fast paced, innovative, service driven environment. This new opportunity will allow the right candidate to learn our unique business and effectively improve our IT systems.
The Director of Information Technology is a member of the executive team responsible for strategic and tactical development and will have total IT responsibility for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions for the organization. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
The Director of IT will have a minimum of 6 direct reports and will report to the President and Vice President. We are looking for local candidates, this position is not done remotely.
1. Analyzes complex business needs presented by the internal users, customers or management and recommends technical solutions along with operational improvements.
2. Ensures the reliability and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures for systems development and modifications.
3. Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
4. Acts as overall Project Manager for all IT related activity.
5. Directs and prioritizes the workload of subordinate personnel.
6. Reviews all business requested changes and additions prior to solution development for overall impact assessment.
7. Participates in all hardware and software evaluations, establishes and maintains vendor support contracts.
8. Purchase review and approval for, and monitors and approves maintenance and support contracts on, all IT related hardware and software
9. Represents the IT function at customer review meetings when appropriate.
10. Recommends education programs for the IT staff.
11. Performs liaison duties when necessary between operations and programming personnel in the areas of system design, modifications and/or trouble shooting.
12. Performs salary administration, conducts reviews and makes recommendations for new, replacement or adjunct personnel.
13. Responsible for company data and network security policies, procedures and audits.
14. Plans, executes and verifies backup and recovery plans and systems including business continuity plans.
1. Technical Capabilities
a. Network administration, wired and wireless
b. Unix system administration including shell script experience
c. Windows user administration
d. Windows desktop support
e. Printer support
f. IP Telephony support
2. Business acumen
3. Strategic thinking
4. Project Management abilities
5. Customer/Client focus
7. Hands-on approach to all facets of technology in use.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
2. Minimum of eight years of experience with information technology.
3. Experience with the technologies listed above, and the ability and desire to work with them on a week to week basis.