To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sharon, CT
- Saloni Palombizio
- Phone: 860.969.3928
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Controller-Prestigious NonProfit
Creative Financial Staffing • Sharon, CT
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Assistant Controller - with prestigious non-profit organization
Are you passionate about working in a non-profit organization that has a mission for creating professionals who will drive success in the community? Looking to be part of an organization that encourages a corporate outlook to their environment? This could be your next opportunity as a Controller to drive success and be an integral part of the community!
Our client, a prestigious non-profit organization with a knack of developing excellence, creativity, and enthusiasm is currently seeking an Assistant Controller to team up with the Controller and lead the General Ledger Accounting Team. This is a highly visible role that will have immediate impact in all areas of operations.
WHY THIS ASSISTANT CONTROLLER OPPORTUNITY
Organization: highly reputable, long standing, stable and community based organization with a mission for creating enthusiasm and providing challenges.
Opportunity: the Assistant Controller will have the ability to work in a very hands-on role. Have an impact in developing policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
People: fun, easy going accounting professionals who are committed, enthusiastic and looking for a leader who will be a true mentor and enhance their current team.
What they provide: Rich benefits program that includes a generous contribution toward a long-term retirement plan, generous time off policy and valuable work-life balance!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- Manage the day to day responsibilities of the Accounting department.
- Manage fixed assets including preparing and reconciling asset and depreciation reports.
- The Assistant Controller will also be very instrumental in keeping an environment of continuous improvement by maintaining and updating policies and procedures.
- Working closely with the Controller, assist with the annual budget and preparation of the financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee the fund accounting, endowments, treasury management.
- Responsible for year-end audit.
- Additional duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- BS in Accounting.
- Must have non-profit experience in a financial leadership role (experience with fund accounting).
- CPA is a plus.
- Mindset of continuous improvement and professional advancement.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.