To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeton, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Recreation Assistant (Part-Time)
Eden Autism • Princeton, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Eden is a community-services provider and not-for-profit organization, serving children and adults with autism for over 40 years. Founded in 1975, Eden began as a small, family-oriented school for individuals with autism and today offers classes from pre-K through age 21. In addition, Eden provides services for adults with autism including residential and employment programs, as well as providing clinical and training support for families and professionals.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Recreation Assistant who will to provide instruction to students during community-based activities, as well as implement teaching goals and behavior support plans under the direction of a certified teacher. The highly talented individual must demonstrate a passionate commitment to Eden’s mission and the desire to deliver in a high-value and mission-driven organization.
- Follow daily activity schedule and meet the therapeutic needs of the students.
- Implement all teaching and behavioral support programs.
- Collect and record teaching and behavioral data on a daily basis.
- Accompany students on all designated community activities.
- Assist Group Leader with all individual and group activities.
- Ensure that students are engaged in appropriate activities during leisure and occupational time.
- Communicate daily student activities to parents by writing in communication logs.
- Complete tasks assigned on daily job chart or as designated by the Group leader.
- Attend staff meetings and all required trainings.
Education: High School diploma required or GED equivalent; enrolled in college or university toward a four-year degree is strongly preferred.
Experience: Entry level; prefer at least one (1) year of working with students with developmental disabilities, preferably with autism.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time during the work day.
- Partake in bending, squatting, kneeling, stretching and stooping; reaching above shoulder level
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to utilize and maintain physical restraint with participants as needed for up to 60 minutes.
- Mobility to ensure the safety of participants at all times.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check (if applicable), reference checks, salary verification, and completion of a medical/ health physical and Mantoux test.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter and salary history to: Todd Garmer, Program Support Coordinator at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cover Letter: Required
Salary Requirements: Required
Salary History: Required