To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bohemia, NY 11716
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Fellow Chemist/Mgr Gl AR&D (I)
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Bohemia, NY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Nature’s Bounty Co. has a history of championing health and wellness tracing back 145 years. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Holland & Barrett®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is currently recruiting for a Manager, GL/ AR&D Chemist. This role will be responsible for driving the development and implementation of analytical methods that meet global business objectives. This role includes the development and transfer of analytical methodologies used in the evaluation or characterization of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products, including dietary supplements, nutritional products and nutraceuticals. This role will also involve OOS investigations whenever necessary.
• Develops and implements new analytical methods for new raw materials and new finished products
• Trouble-shoots and modifies the existing analytical methods to improve the robustness and accuracy of the methods
• Writes analytical testing procedures and technical reports whenever assigned
• Assists in OOS investigations related to testing methods whenever assigned
• Executes method transfers to internal or external analytical sites
• Make recommendations to management regarding areas for development
• Accurately records own data and results in a timely manner and in compliance with appropriate quality standards. As needed, reviews and provides comment on data, protocols and reports in a timely manner
• Follows, understands and complies with all SOP’s and policies on cGMP’s and safety
• 7-10 years of Technical expertise in developing and implementing analytical methods, and conducting analytical testing using UPLC, HPLC, GC, and other routine analytical techniques
• Working knowledge of analytical techniques and their applications to complex analytical and dietary/botanical chemistry problems
Education, Certification, Licenses & Registrations:
• M.S. in Analytical Chemistry or related fields with at least 5 years of experience or B.S in Analytical Chemistry or related fields with at least 8 years of experience.
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and set priorities in a fast-changing, results-oriented Analytical R&D environment
• Skills in experiment design, data collection, and problem solving
• Some understanding of the scientific principles associated with the analysis of phytonutrients or botanicals
• Effective writing, interpersonal and communication skills
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.