To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Moorhead, MN
- Danelle .
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Coordinator
Independent Lifestyles Inc. • Moorhead, MN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Health Care Coordinator
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities? If so, Independent Lifestyles (ILICIL) may be the place for you. We are a private, non-profit, non-residential, certified Center for Independent Living that provides a wide array of services with a philosophy of consumer control for all people with disabilities to enhance and maintain their independent living. Our mission is "a team promoting independence and choices for people with disabilities, their families, and communities". The foundation of our organization is to provide accessibility, education, opportunity and resources to empower people with all types of disabilities to realize there are no limits to reaching their potential.
We are seeking part-time and/or full-time Health Care Coordinators to join our team.
Duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide care coordination to adults with disabilities based on assessment, including coordinating the delivery of the approved medical and social services
- Responsible for assessing the medical and social needs of the member and ensuring they receive all of the necessary care and services they require
- Conduct assessment with members
- Create a care plan
- Communicate with physicians, providers and county social workers to discuss the care plan and provide updates on member progress as needed
- Assist member with transition of care to/from health care facilities
- Act as an advocate for the member
- Complete required documentation
- Ensure that all timelines are followed and adhered to
- Work with individuals with a variety of disabilities including developmentally disabled and mental health
- Travel throughout several Metro counties to meet consumers in the community and/or their home
- Must have a current MN license as an RN or SW; or if not, must have a four-year degree in a closely related field, three or more years of experience in home and community based services and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to network
- Time management
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision and be dependable
- Creative thinking and solves problems effectively
- Patient with others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex and diverse situations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable, insured vehicle with a clean driving record
- Must pass background study
Benefits based on hours worked include:
- Health (30+hr/wk), Dental (20+hr/wk), Life (20+hr/wk), 403B, Holidays and PTO
- Competitive based on experience
What makes Independent Lifestyles different?
We are a consumer directed organization providing valuable services to the disability community. The core element of our operating philosophy is "don't make people with disabilities depend on you". We are dedicated to the full promotion of independent living (IL) philosophy supporting all individuals affected by disabilities in their personal efforts to pursue self-directed lives. Our central goal is to directly provide an individualized, meaningful and complete combination of services for people with all disabilities and of all ages. For more information check out our website: www.independentlifestyles.org.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Application will be accepted until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. EOE/AA.