To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
- Donna Wells
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Engineer / IT Administration
Swift Systems, Inc. • Bethesda, MD
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Swift Systems, an IT engineering and services firm is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer in Maryland Metro and Montgomery County.
Swift Systems is a full-service IT engineering services firm focused on the delivery of managed IT services. Our infrastructure and systems management offerings deliver predictable costs, reliable performance. We resolve business challenges by successfully leveraging strategic IT investments. Swift Systems delivers enterprise grade technology services to businesses, government agencies, and institutions throughout Maryland Metro and Montgomery County.
As our Senior Systems Engineer, you will work with our customers to deliver IT engineering excellence and support services. As a senior level engineer, you will handle escalated technical problems encountered by our team and help desk. You will mentor and train other engineers on new skills and provide leadership to the team. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will gain exposure and great experience working within a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, local government, medial, non-profit and biotech.
- Manage customer relations and promote a smooth delivery of IT engineering and support services to our clients.
- Ensure the efficacy of the server administration and internet infrastructure.
- Proactive communication and reporting to management and customers regarding work status and customer satisfaction feedback.
- Visit customer sites to provide support and project work.
- Will work with teammates to complete internal and external projects.
- Handle complex issues escalated by our customer support team.
- Track work status in JobTraQ.
- 3 or more years of experience in business IT or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that are responsive and customer focused.
- Disciplined and able to work efficiently under pressure and effectively balance work flow.
- Desktop IT Support: Office, Email, Hardware, Troubleshooting.
- Desktop IT Administration: OS configuration, Software Updates, Active Directory.
- Server Administration: Virtualization, Databases, Performance, and Scripting.
- Server Maintenance: SLAs, Software Updates, Backups.
- Networking: Firewalls, Routing, VOIP, Architecture, Performance.
- Internet Infrastructure: HTTP, SSL, Email, DNS, Datacenter or Cloud Hosting
- Prior Managed Service Provider experience strongly preferred.
- Prior data center operations experience preferred.
- Travel up to 75% to client sites.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Swift Systems will reward your talents with a salary of $90- $100K based on your experience. You will also receive an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. We provide a double-match into your health savings account up to IRS limits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and a generous PTO plan. Relocation is provided.
To learn more about Swift Systems, visit: www.swiftsystems.com
If you enjoy consulting on technical issues with clients, we encourage you to apply online now!
Donna Wells, Sr. HR Consultant
Technology / systems engineer / software / hardware / cloud hosting / Desktop IT Administration / Desktop IT Support / VOIP / Routing / SLA / Microsoft Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Frederick, MD / Montgomery County / vendor management/ troubleshooting / Internet Infrastructure / Virtualization / HTTP / SSL / software technology / project engineering / project planning