To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Drew Ireland
- Phone: 713-438-0919
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Icon Information Consultants • Houston, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This role will also be responsible for calculating and analyzing broker and sales commission payments for both internal and external sales agents for the retail operations .The analyst will also be responsible for forecasting and trending commission payments for purposes of management, accounting and financial planning purposes. Excellent communication skills are required to coordinate with management and key internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis. The analyst will ensure both adherence and compliance with both contract and plan documents. Additionally, the Analyst must monitor effectiveness of current business processes, conduct analyses, make recommendations, and coordinate implementation for process improvements resulting in timely and correct completion of issues.
• Assist in preparing calculations for broker and other commission type payments.
• Review broker agreements and plan documents to ensure compliance.
• Analyze and report trends in payments against forecast and budget.
• Works with Accounting to record month end accruals for month close process.
• Monthly communications with brokers concerning usage, payments, and any other issues.
• Interacts with other departments, as well as, external and internal sales to research and resolve items on a timely basis.
• Researches technical issues as needed related to primary job responsibilities
• Maintains up to date documentation on daily and monthly procedures as well as documentation of issue resolution
• Responds to ad hoc reporting requests by the sales team, management and other key stakeholders.
• Monitors effectiveness of business processes, conducts analysis, makes recommendations, and coordinates implementation for system and process improvements resulting in timely and correct completion of issues
• Assists in the development of standardized reporting of key performance indicators that will be reported in monthly scorecards
• Performs all aspects of work with a high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required. Bachelor ‘s degree in business, finance, accounting or economics from an accredited college or university preferable.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in high-volume transaction processing/billing, back-office operations, or operations analysis and reporting. Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and team-projects preferred. Knowledge of the utility and the deregulated energy market is required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s)
• Knowledge of the SCM (sales commissions manager) module a plus
• Advanced MS excels are preferable. Proficient with other Microsoft office applications.
• Works independently through the use of initiative and self-motivation. Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
• Adapts effectively to new and changing environments.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with large amounts of data
• Excels in quickly conceptualizing and assimilating data to make decisions and take appropriate action.
• Good written skills to document processes, policies and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment. Able to take a leadership role in a project team to establish plans, coordinate team activities, and assure successful completion of objectives.
• Proficient in effectively communicating to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form.
• Open office environment.
• Some overtime work required as needed.
• Minimal travel to GME/Cirro office in Plano, TX