To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
110 Executive Drive
Newark, DE 19702
- Phone:: 302-831-5024
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
QPS, LLC. • Newark, DE
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
QPS, LLC is an innovative and dynamic Contract Research Organization (CRO) that strives to employ talented, caring, and committed employees who work together collaboratively towards achieving our mission of improving human health and the quality of life. QPS, LLC has been assisting pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies with their drug development efforts by providing a full range of GLP-compliant bioanalysis, DMPK, and protein/genomic biomarker services. QPS welcomes employees who want to be part of a growing organization.
Under general supervision, this staff member is responsible for conducting assigned study duties according to SOPs and study protocols, and recording study results and observations.
· Independently set-up and perform study according to SOPs and study protocol.
o Bioanalytical – Assist quantitative and qualitative bio-analytical studies by conducting sample preparation with various analytical chemistry methodologies.
o Biotransformation – Assist sample preparation using appropriate equipment for metabolite profiling and identification projects.
o Pharmacokinetics – Set-up and run sensitive, reliable and efficient LC/MS/MS assays for TK/PK assessment.
o in vivo ADME – Perform animal dosing, biological sample collections, sample analysis, and sample storage for studies (PK, mass balance, whole-body (WBA) and micro autoradiography); Perform (or assist as needed) animal care and facility maintenance tasks, such as inventory, ordering, tracking, receipt and husbandry in accordance with QPS IACUC and AAALAC standards, document and record observations.
· Perform routine lab operations, such as sample extraction, preparing reagents, pipette, weigh, monitor, record, label tubes, order and maintain inventory of supplies, and timely disposal of study samples, in a neat/clean manner.
· Perform sample and data analysis and maintain study records.
· Perform routine mathematical calculations.
· Search and manipulate data by computer.
· Document results and accurately record observations in accordance with GLPs and SOPs.
· Participate in multiple inter-related scientific studies simultaneously.
· Assist in summarizing data, including verification/QC review of study data, notebooks (maintenance and archiving), and study reports.
· May communicate with sponsor and/or study director regarding study events and results.
· Operate, troubleshoot and repair equipment, and perform routine maintenance.
· Assist in monitoring, addressing and correcting environmental & equipment alarms.
· Maintain (take care of), troubleshoot and repair equipment.
· Organize and conduct work assignments in a safe manner and according to SOPs and GLP regulations.
· Follow safety precautions.
· Update database(s), or provide information as case may be, on a daily basis.
Competencies (“soft skills", traits, behaviors – i.e., adaptability, analytical thinking, tenacity, initiative, results orientation)
· Analytical Thinking
· Results orientation
· Ability to learn
· Concern for standards
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (i.e., knowledge of GLP regulations, operation of lab equipment, mathematical ability)
· Demonstrated proficiency at operating relevant laboratory equipment, such as automatic sample preparation and liquid handling system, if necessary
· Familiarity with majority of wet lab instruments/equipment.
· Familiarity with LIMS and databases
· The ability to read and understand study protocols.
· The ability to collect and organize data, and to recognize problems that could impede completion of studies according to the study protocols.
· Working knowledge of GLPs and other regulatory and safety standards
· A thorough understanding of biohazards and safety requirements, including handling and mastery of appropriate protocols.
· Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Basic math skills to perform routine calculations
· Good pipetting skills
Education / Experience (minimum degree level and/or minimum number of years experience – including field of study and/or experience)
· Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related scientific discipline with 0 – 2 years of relevant experience.
· Will consider Associate’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline with 0 – 2 years of relevant experience.
· Will also consider High School diploma with 2 – 6 years of relevant experience.
QPS, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job applicants and present employees are evaluated solely on ability, experience, and the requirements of the job. In addition, QPS, LLC is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.