To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2425 West Loop South Freeway
Houston, TX 77027
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Business Partner
Stage • Houston, TX
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will be responsible for providing strategic frontline support to business leaders by managing HR services to provide direction and drive business decisions that will strategically drive results with the goal of increasing client satisfaction, retention, and optimize strategic workforce planning initiatives. The HRBP will support approximately 200 employees, and have a broad range of functions including employee relations, performance management, change management, talent development, organizational structure, and organizational development. The HR Business Partner will act as a thought partner to the business leaders in Houston to help execute office wide strategy on behalf of senior leadership.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, investigations) including complex associate relations issues.
- Conduct weekly strategy meetings with respective business units.
- Strategize with department leaders on goals, objectives and systems, promotions, and transfers.
- Work closely with management and associates to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Work closely with Centers of Excellence on issues & needs and participating in program design as well as strategizing program implementation and execution.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Conduct termination process including exit interviews, survey distribution, analysis and follow up and delivery of post termination information to associate
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintain current in depth knowledge of Federal and State laws including case law and regulations such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, NLRA, etc.; protects company’s interests by ensuring all legal requirements for equal employment and compliance are met by keeping informed of changes in these areas and by implementing the necessary practices/programs to meet these changes.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop compensation and retention strategy for respective business units in conjunction with compensation team.
- Identify and work with management on terms for promotions and transfers.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement (e.g., ensures acceptable levels of associate turnover, Associate Satisfaction Survey results are delivered and actionable, clarification of processes and developing procedures as needed, assures programs are in place to motivate and retain associates, etc.); translates workforce data into meaningful plans for leadership to act upon.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- Preferred: PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- 3 years Human Resources Experience in a Generalist/Business Partner role.
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Effectively develop and implement new strategies to address competitive and complex business issues
- Initiative to identify and initiate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Manage multiple business units
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to communicate and interact with associates at all levels
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change, influence and assist organizational change initiatives in support of business strategies
- Ability to use good judgment, discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, associate relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws