To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Wendy Carvajal
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEAM LEAD
Goldbelt, Inc • Washington, DC
Posted 23 days ago
Peregrine Technical Solutions is a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation that provides expertise in Information Assurance, Computer Forensics and Cyber Warfare. Peregrine is in search of an Information Technology Team Lead to work onsite in Washington, DC.
MAJOR DUTIES: The Team Lead, leads a variety of subject matter experts. IT Team Lead will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of Navy IT systems.
- Achieve results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining team members; and initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
- Maintain a team by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training team members; ensuring a safe and secure work environment; and identifying personal growth opportunities
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with other teams
- Act as the IT focal point for controls-related activities and support internal audit findings and responses
- Stay informed of control framework changes and incorporate best practices into the controls framework
- Coordinate internal and external testing of control effectiveness and develop responses to any findings
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies
- DoD-approved Information Assurance baseline certification at Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.01-M (Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program).
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or management related area
- 10+ years of managing IT systems and IT systems support for Navy/ Department of Defense (DOD)
- Experience with Navy IT systems including: Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository-DoN (DITPR-DoN), DoN Application and Database Management System (DADMS)
- Possess a current Active Secret Clearance
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid client service, time management and leadership skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate team members
- Experience with implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
Goldbelt Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.