To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Holbrook, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supv., Maintenance (i)
The Nature's Bounty Co. • Holbrook, NY
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Nature’s Bounty Co. has a history of championing health and wellness tracing back 145 years. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Holland & Barrett®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and manage a team of associates for a $3 Billion (and growing) Organization within the Health & Wellness Industry? How would you like to serve as a vital and valuable asset to a Maintenance Team where your efforts will directly impact the quality of this organization’s leading nutritional supplements and products? If so, The Nature's Bounty Co. is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor on the overnight shift to ensure productivity goals are met, drive motivation and foster the growth of a team of 10 to 15 associates.
This is a 3rd shift opportunity; Hours: work week begins Sundays at 11:30 pm and ends on Fridays at 7:30am
- Coordinate all equipment, maintenance and PM Activities with the Maintenance Planner
- Purchase equipment, parts and supplies for department operations while maintaining budget
- Support new equipment installations
- Guide a team as well as individually adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect, reassuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs, effectiveness of work and sustainable improvements
- Implementation of procedural/policy changes to enhance department performance
- Work between tactical and strategic activities to improve the maintenance department
- Works effectively in a multitask environment and consistently tracks the progress of ongoing initiative.
- Ensures tasks are completed within set deadlines.
- Enforce safety policies and work habits
- Maintain a 5-S and organized maintenance shop on their shift
- Promote and develops a strong teamwork environment
- Role will require a hands on Supervisory approach
- Must appropriately handle employee questions, concerns, and keep track of issues with the intent to train and coach associates to maintain a positive work environment.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a maintenance Lead or Supervisory position within a packaging or similar environment
- 2 year technical degree with equivalent work related experience preferred or military leadership experience
- Must have working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Preferred experience in food/beverage, dietary supplement, cosmetic or pharmaceutical industries
- Working knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude within a manufacturing maintenance environment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and schematics
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Tools is a plus
- Experience in an High Performance Organization (HPO) driven environment is a plus
- Demonstrated project leadership roles for equipment and facilities improvements
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency and bias for action
- Must be computer literate in excel spreadsheet and Microsoft program use
- Communicates effectively with others using both oral and written communication skills.
Military candidates encouraged to apply.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.