To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1200 East 12th Street
North Little Rock, AR 72114
- American Tire Distributors, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
American Tire Distributors • North Little Rock, AR
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The Warehouse Associate is an entry level/general labor position that will prioritize and pick product to fill orders and staging product for loading, physically moving and lifting product weighing as much as 150 pounds, organizing the warehouse stock, assisting in daily closing down of warehouse, compiling and submitting regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over- and under-shipments, return of products to vendor, etc, assisting in periodic inventory counts, perating powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner and maintaining an operator license, if required, assisting in administrative tasks, such as the handling and preparation of paperwork.
- Load and unload delivery trucks – requiring physical moving and lifting of product weighing as much as 150 pounds.
- Designate and organize the warehouse stock by product line and by physical alignment, allowing sufficient space for overflow
- Perform periodic facilities maintenance and/or custodial / housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning parking lot, loading dock and area surrounding building; keeping floors clear of debris, maintaining bathrooms and assisting in daily closing down of warehouse
- Compile and submit regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over and under shipments, return of products to vendor, etc. and segregate defective product from normal flow of inventory
- Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
- Assist in verifying all incoming
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct"
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vi