To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
609 Global Way
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
- Carolyn Miller
- Phone: 410 332-8197
- Phone:: 410 332-0895
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Supervisor
MMARS, Inc • Linthicum Heights, MD
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Human Resources Supervisor
This position provides direction and support specialized in Human Resources for a medium sized (>150 employee) care coordination company serving individuals with disabilities and the elderly. This is a well-established and growing company with a need for a well-rounded HR supervisor to be part of our team.
The work in this position requires a high level of accuracy and confidentiality. Must be organized, able to function in a leadership role and be a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records.
● Identify areas of compliance vulnerability, anticipate and mitigate potential compliance challenges and develop strategies for risk avoidance and/or corrective action.
● Facilitates, provides guidance, and ensure consistency in the application of HR policy and procedures and also compliance with State’s regulations and laws.
● Compile data for monthly reports and update accordingly.
● Enroll employee for benefits and update as per employment status.
● Assist Program Directors in recruitment process (set-up interviews, pre-employment background checks, offer letter, etc.).
● Ensures inventory of orientation forms, prepares information packets for orientation and creates new hire personnel files.
● Perform audit on Employee personnel files to ensure data keeping accuracy
● Provides back-up for Payroll processing as needed.
● Helps maintaining Paylocity Employee Self Service Portal by reviewing and approving actions requested by employees through the system.
● Onboard new employees and help with basic orientation.
● Advanced knowledge of local, state, federal employment laws and regulations including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities (ADA) laws, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) law, wage and hour compliance.
● Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources in a medium size organization.
● Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook: computer skills are strongly utilized in this position. Ability to learn new software quickly. Ability to type at least 35 wpm.
● Strong organizational skills.
● A professional appearance and demeanor.
● Ability to present HR related topics to groups of employees.
● High level of confidentiality in all matters of the job.
● Detail oriented, excellent writing, grammar and communication skills.
● Adept at multi-tasking and being proactive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads.
3 years or more in Human Resources. Experience in policy development, technical writing, human resources or labor relations for small/medium size organization preferable.
Associate or Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, public administration or a related field.
This career opportunity offers benefits such as 401K, Medical, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability. Individuals under final consideration for appointment to this position will be required to submit to criminal background check and employment verification. This position will remain posted until filled. Your application must include a letter of interest, resume and salary history and requirements. For additional information and/or immediate consideration, qualified and interested applicants must submit an employment application via MMARS recruitment system.