To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10 Thomas Road North
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Fisk Alloy Wire, Inc. • Hawthorne, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee relations and services by performing the following duties.
- Manages the recruiting and staffing function.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Writes and delivers presentations to upper management or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Oversees recruiting, testing, and selection process to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation and onboarding to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Assists in preparation of Human Resources Department budget.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, and uniform service.
Education and /or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.