To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntersville, NC 28078
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Insurance Customer Service Rep (Admin / Clerical)
Summit Insurance Group • Huntersville, NC
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summit Insurance is a growing Independent Insurance Agency in the Huntersville/Lake Norman area focusing on Property & Casualty insurance, and has been a leader in the industry since 1995. We are a family-run agency with a great office atmosphere for an experienced Commercial Account Manager.
Some of the commercial carriers we represent are Erie, Hartford, Nationwide, Travelers, Frankenmuth, Liberty Mutual, Stonewood, Accident Fund, Employers Mutual, Progressive, State Auto, Amtrust, Builders Mutual, C.N.A., Penn Lumbermans, Zenith, Philadelphia Insurance and more.
Out of 100+ insurance agencies in the Charlotte area, Summit Insurance Group is one of only three agencies to receive the prestigious F.W. Hirt Quality Agency Award from The Erie. This award is presented to the agency that best exemplifies the attributes that embody The Erie ideals. The award is based on the agency's book of business, commitment to Policyholders, history of service and spirit of cooperation.
We are in need of a licensed Commercial Customer Service Representative with at least two years prior experience. Our primary focus is being the best we can be for our clients and would expect any prospective employee to feel the same. While this position is centered more on servicing our existing clients, the ability to cross-sell to prospective clients is also important.
- Completes applications to appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals according to agency procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status according to agency procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Fast-paced environment with live telephones daily. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks
Benefits and Compensation:
- Very competitive base salary
- Medical Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA
If you meet our requirements, we would like to talk to you.
- Current P&C License
- College Degree or equivalent
- Analytical Skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Team player
- Time management skills
- MUST live within 25 miles of our Huntersville, NC office
- Experience with AMS360 insurance management program is beneficial
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task proficiently
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Meticulous work ethic