To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cicero, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Cost Accountant/Cost Accounting Manager
Creative Financial Staffing • Cicero, IL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Company
Our client, a stable manufacturing company that is a division of a larger international conglomerate is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant/Accounting Manager to lead their accounting team. This position has the capacity to develop into a Controller role down the line, and offers significant development and growth opportunities.
As a Senior Cost Accountant/Accounting Manager, you should have detailed experience in understanding the components of overhead cost, burden rates, company allocations to develop rates, work center, routing, BOM and work orders.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Labor Reporting
- Coding MRO's and PO's
- Physical Inventory
- Support general accounting functions that include journal entries, inventory analysis, monthly obsolesce review/reserve, monthly cycle accounting
- Leading an accounting team of four
- Accomplish accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining department employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepares action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Establishes and maintains a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Other support includes analysis and planning as well
We are looking for a Senior Cost Accountant with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for this Senior Cost Accountant position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Cost Accounting experience
- Corporate Accounting/General Ledger experience
- Must have strong Excel skills with pivot table experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Supervisory experience in financial reporting and general ledger, preferred
- CPA/MBA Preferred
Keywords: accountant, cost accountant, cost accounting, general ledger