To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1300 Williams Drive
Marietta, GA 30066
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Human Resources Manager
Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing • Marietta, GA
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Alpha Insulation & Waterproofing is currently seeking talented individuals for a career in the construction industry. Expansive growth has opened many advancement opportunities for those looking to join a progressive construction organization.
Alpha is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager in our Marietta, GA office. The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function. The main focus of this position will be recruiting, but will perform generalist duties as needed (labor relations, benefit administration, HR compliance, training, etc.). This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Recruit for various positions company-wide (Ops Managers, Superintendents, Project Managers, field employees, etc.)
- Administers human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Coordinates annual benefit enrollment meetings with each branch, and tracks enrollment forms to ensure all waivers or enrollment forms have been collected.
- Set up payroll deductions in payroll database related to benefits
- Performs routine benefits administration to include monthly enrollments, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assists with Affirmative Action Program compliance
- Manages E-Verify program, processes all new hires through E-Verify database, and follows up with managers to resolve issues
- Administers Drug Free Workplace program
- Maintains benefit databases online (processes enrollments, terminations, changes, etc.)
- Assists with Affordable Care Act compliance including the manual creation of forms 1094C and 1095C forms.
- Maintains personnel files
- Pre-screens all candidate resumes and applications, and sends preferred/qualified applicants to hiring managers for review
- Updates or creates job descriptions as needed
- Establishes relationships with high schools, colleges, vocational schools, trade schools, and universities for recruiting purposes. Registers Alpha for career fairs, and coordinates attendance with hiring managers.
- Processes background checks, and generates offer letters and relocation agreements
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assists in maintenance of human resource information systems/CMiC records and compiles reports from the databases.
- Responds to all unemployment compensation claims, medical support notices, and employment verification requests
- Manages administrative duties of 401k plan (sends out enrollment notices, hardship withdrawals, etc.)
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the agency’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company’s compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for company compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Travel to Alpha offices in TX, NC, FL, TN, CO as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with construction business operations a plus
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Ability to analyze financial and HR data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
- Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of CMiC and/or Paychex Flex preferred
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS Degree in related field (HR, Business Administration, etc.)
- Masters degree preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- 7+ years human resources experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
With a 30+ year track record of increasing growth, visibility, and opportunity, our highly-regarded construction services company, Alpha, is currently seeking skilled employees to join our team. We have a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism, and excellence; and, we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who provide insulation, waterproofing, spray fireproofing, spray foam insulation, and restoration services to our commercial customers.
If you’ve got what it takes, we’ll provide the rest:
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Insurance Benefits
- Family atmosphere and friendly co-workers
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join an organization you can be proud of, we’d like to talk to you!
Alpha participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Applicants will need to successfully pass a pre-employment background and motor vehicle report (MVR) check to be eligible for this position.