To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Niagara Street
Tonawanda, NY 14150
- Erica Levenson
- Phone: 9544209724
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager, Manufacturing
FMC Corporation • Tonawanda, NY
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FMC Corporation is one the world’s leading specialty chemical companies. We are proud that our chemistries are helping to grow the world’s food, enabling new innovations in the pharmaceutical delivery, enhancing foods and beverages, contributing to a more sustainable energy supply, improving health, and advancing the manufacture of hundreds of essential products.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry" in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The position will provide HR support to the AgS US formulations facilities, located in Middleport, NY and Wyoming, IL, to administer HR programs and services in a variety of Human Resources areas. This role will work closely with the leadership teams at both facilities to develop, implement and execute human resources and labor relations strategies and programs in alignment with the near and long term goals for the facilities. In addition the HR Manager will provide sound development coaching, talent management and facilitate change processes. The position is based at our Middleport, NY facility with frequent, regular travel to our Wyoming, IL facility. The position will functionally report into the HR Associate Director for AgS Global Operations.
- Partner with leadership teams at the facilities in Wyoming, IL and Middleport, NY to align HR practices with strategic business initiatives.
- Provide direct day to day plant labor relations in a proactive manner, provide advice on contract administration and interpretation, and provide guidance on problems / grievances that arise in order to promote sound union/management relations.
- Conduct all phases of contract negotiations including area wage surveys, economic settlement plan preparation, strike contingency planning, and serve as spokesperson at the bargaining table.
- Provide leadership in recruiting, motivating and retaining diverse talent at all levels.
- Work with supervisors to identify staffing needs and potential sources for qualified candidates.
- Ensure positions are filled with the best talent available within our cost structure.
- Manage the college-recruiting/intern process and development program.
- Lead the work of succession planning and talent management at the sites
- Manage the seasonal temp process to ensure healthy pipeline and adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Lead change management initiatives to drive business results including process and productivity improvement, cost reduction, organizational design and realignment.
- Deploy sound people, leadership and team development programs.
- Address day to day employee/manager relations and performance management.
- Coach Managers to improve employee morale and performance by utilizing effective coaching techniques.
- Provide guidance and support in administering human resources policies and procedures to ensure that employees receive fair and reasonable treatment to establish a supportive work environment.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Manage local wage and salary administration including local surveys, structure recommendations, increase fund recommendations and wage and salary changes.
- Ensure competitive and consistent pay practices, promotions and progressions based on internal and external data.
- Lead special projects related to the human resources discipline and manage implementation of HR policies and programs and the sites.
BS or BA Degree required
- 5+ years of manufacturing human resources experience .
- Labor relations and demonstrated union avoidance experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Responsive in a timely manner to the management & employees
- Understands and demonstrates fundamentals of emotional intelligence
- Ability to multi-task, meeting all deadlines.
- Proactive in dealing with emerging issues.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.