To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2050 Lexington Road
Versailles, KY 40383
- Tracy Donovan
- Phone:: 859-873-0835
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Youth Care Worker
The Kentucky United Methodist Homes for Children and Youth • Versailles, KY
Posted 2 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Attention those who want to make a difference! Want to give hope to children who had a painful start in life? Ready to build confidence in youth that have none? The Kentucky United Methodist Homes for Children and Youth can answer the call.
A Youth Care Worker provides nurturing, therapeutic support and supervision of our children and youth throughout the course of all daily activities and responsibilities.
We are currently hiring for both full-time, part-time and substitute positions.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teaching appropriate behavior.
- Acting as a positive role model (i.e. appropriate language, dress and social skills).
- Creating and participating in recreational activities.
- Supporting treatment plan implementation.
- Providing knowledge to improve life skills.
- Assuming responsibility for a variety of campus activities, including but not limited to: driving a campus vehicle, transporting clients, preparing clients for visits, clothing or supply shopping.
- Willing and capable of physically managing children when they are a danger to themselves or others (training will be provided).
- Encouraging a safe and healthy lifestyle (i.e. meal preparation, routine chore supervision, laundry, minor maintenance or cleaning tasks).
To find out more, read the full job description.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum qualifications include a High School Diploma or GED.
- A valid Kentucky Driver’s License.
- Must submit to extensive background investigations.
- Must submit to drug test.
- Must be able to perform Safe Crisis Management skills (training provided).
- Must be trained in CPR/First Aid (training provided).
CareerBuilder Related Terms: youth care worker, youth, mental health, counselor, behavioral health, social worker, adolescence, teen