To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Belmar, NJ
- Tony Barhoum
- Phone: 813-333-9880
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Project Manager
Futures Consulting • Belmar, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / MECHANICAL
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, carry out and finalize projects according to contract scope, schedule and within budget. The position also has the responsibility of selecting and managing subcontractors and consultants. The Project Manager leads and oversees the quality of all of BMC’s services delivered to our clients for the entire duration of the projects.
• Review bid documents, Contract and the Letters of Intent to verify the scope of the projects and all time sensitive notifications.
• Develop and implement pre-construction schedules.
• Develop project labor and material codes.
• Prepare project billing schedule of values.
• Request quotes for fixture, equipment and large material purchases prior to purchase.
• Implement BMC’s change estimate procedures and track all change estimates to timely accepted Change Orders.
• Build product submittal packages.
• Establish and hire subcontractors and consultants.
• Conduct weekly site visits.
• Hold in-house preconstruction startup meetings.
• Review and approve all purchase orders.
• Prepare and execute monthly billings.
• Review all RFI’s for project understanding, costs, and risk analysis.
• Review schedules for accuracy and react to schedule impacts.
• Monitor costs to maintain a positive cash flow.
• Communicate to superior immediately any construction design, delays, cost overruns, or other elements that could give rise to disputes or claims.
• Use Change Estimates, Transmittals, RFI’s, and other appropriate logs.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Prepare and transmit warranty, O&M’s, As-Built information, and other documentation for the final closeout of project.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
• Maintain project folders and other recordkeeping devices for a clear representation of the history of the projects.
• Attend weekly staff meetings. Minimum Requirements 5 to 10 years of experience in appropriate discipline. BSME or equivalent preferred.
• Pace and Variety of Activities Sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results Varied activities Fast-paced environment
• Focus Technical, analytical focus Work within established standards and guidelines Expertise-based problem solving
• Decision-Making Pro-active, problem solving orientation Minimize risk Authoritative, quick decision making based on knowledge and experience
• Communication and Collaboration Communication is task based and factual Minimal collaboration is required, when it is, it is task or technically focused
• Delegation and Leadership Style Authoritative leadership based on specialized expertise, knowledge of systems Directive leadership to meet established quality and time standards Some delegation of routine details is necessary, with opportunity for close follow up