To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stratford, CT
- Phone: 203-386-8800
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Merritt Staffing • Stratford, CT
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Successful manufacturing company in Stratford is looking for a Project Specialist. This position will work closely with sales and customers in the development of their new product launches. Develops project timelines and is the Project Lead for all internal activities with associated departments such as Supply Chain, Engineering, Technical Service, Planning, Customer Service and Quality to achieve on-time, robust product delivery that meets Customer(s) launch timing.
- Project Management: Works with Engineering and Purchasing teams of Key Customers in the development of product launches.
- Initiates projects using FIP or Project Inquiry systems to develop project timeline that meets Customer launch timing. Issues timeline both internally and externally to Customer.
- Communicates regularly with external Customer project team on project progress and requirements such as samples for compatibility testing, production line trials, color matching, dip tube length, Purchase Orders due, package specifications and production standards.
- Works extensively with engineers; plastics and manufacturing in various locations (France and USA if dispensing product originates from these locations) to develop project timelines, critical activities and key milestones. Monitors actions to assure all dates are met.
- Leads project internally and makes critical decisions when to escalate issues for successful resolution to keep project on-track. Communicates with locations for activity updates.
- Responsible for developing internal specification document based on inputs from Customer to initiate Bill of Materials and codification at the manufacturing plant.
- Proofreads for any missing information, and sends to Customer Service for SAP master data creation.
- Secures written specification approval from Customer to proceed to manufacture. Coordinates production standards for final customer approval.
- Coordinates internal specification approvals from Quality and Engineering.
- Travel to various manufacturing locations (domestic and international) for Project Review and New Technology meetings
in business administration, project management, supply chain or related field.
Min 2-5 years of project or business management
Must have project experience from a manufacturing CPG or product company
Good organizational, communication and prioritization skills
Basic understanding of technical drawings and dispensing technologies
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must
Wide degree of creativity and latitude manage projects.
Fluent in English and French a BIG PLUS