To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lenoir, NC
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse – Behavioral Health Crisis Center LPN
RHA Health Services • Lenoir, NC
Posted 5 days ago
This is for 12 hour night shift.
Calling all compassionate and caring LPNs!
Are you looking for a nursing role that offers flexibility and variety; where you can make a difference in a person’s life?
Then join RHA Behavioral Health!
RHA Behavioral Health Services is looking for a dedicated Licensed Practical Nurses to join our interdisciplinary healthcare team at our Facility-Based Crisis Center.
Successful candidates will focus on nursing functions and client care at a Facility-Based Crisis Center including assessment, care and treatment of clients at the facility; must adhere to standards of care as defined by the Nurse Practice Act and RHA.
This position requires an Licensed Practical Nurse and two years experience working with behavioral health clients is preferred. This position relies on knowledge, experience and judgment with limited supervision and direction to provide quality services to crisis facility clients.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Behavioral Health Services where we put people first!
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you will be responsible for utilizing your skills and expertise, current nursing assessment skills and knowledge of nursing principles to assess and monitor clients, participating in crisis prevention and responding to crises on a timely basis.
- Reports client’s social, psychological and physical behavior as indicated.
- Implements and ensures compliance with standards of nursing practice that promote optimal health care delivery and meet regulatory requirements
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure organizational compliance with Confidentiality regulations, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), national accreditation agency and Continuous Quality Improvement. Attend applicable meetings as necessary.
- Using state guidelines, Quality Assurance Plan and Client Rights Policy, ensures that clinical operations comply with state regulations and update plans and policies as necessary.
- Provides professional nursing care including assessment, care and treatment of clients at the facility; must adhere to standards of care as defined by the Nurse Practice Act and RHA.
- Performs Nursing assessments and interventions with medication oversight and administration as needed
- Demonstrates proficiency in intervention techniques for both staff and clients in mediating problems or complaints; supervise clinical staffing, and provide other regular staff meetings and other venues for effective communication of information to staff and solicitation of staff ideas, concerns, and suggestions.
- Additional duties may be required of the LPN during staff vacancies or PDO
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director-Crisis Center.
Behavioral Health Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Facility-Based Crisis Center
(Social Services – Nursing)
Our ideal Licensed Practical Nurse has excellent listening and communication skills, can pick up on nonverbal communication and is eager to work on nonstandard nursing assignments.
- LPN with license to practice in North Carolina
- Two years experience working with Behavioral Health Clients preferred.
- Working knowledge of the principles and techniques in the counseling of each client and/or effective delivery of community-based services. Knowledge of the dynamics of the disease of chemical dependency and its treatment. Knowledge of resources available in the community to support recovery.
- Working knowledge of psychoactive substance abuse, dependency and the principles and techniques based on best practices. Commitment to the use of evidence based treatment and preventative methods.
- Ability to incorporate this knowledge into a training program for employees, assuring training and hours needed to attain certification.
- Ability to monitor budgets and review program productivity and/or performance, and to assist in annual budget development.
- Emotional stability, maturity, warmth, openness and the ability to work effectively with a diverse, indigent population. More than five (5) years continuous sobriety and/or recovery from mood altering drugs, with active participation in recovery, if applicable.
- Knowledge of federal confidentiality laws so that client confidentiality is assured. Must have knowledge of Client Rights Policy and believe those rights must be considered at all times.
- Ability to speak and write effectively for the purpose of maintaining effective relations with the staff, clients and stakeholders and for marketing programs to clients and the community.
- Ability to perform duties physically and mentally without harm to self or others.
RHA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
We understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package includes:
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and prescription insurance
- 403(b) retirement program
- Paid Time Off – up to 26 days of PTO for full time employees!
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive wellness reimbursement benefit
- Discounted premiums for participation in wellness initiative
- Free CPR, first aid and job specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
- Many more benefit choices!