To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9404 Chesapeake Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Cobham Microelectronic Solutions • San Diego, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Manufacturing Manager will execute strategic business goals while collaborating with engineering and program management in order to meet customer and program commitments; manage the quality and production of products; lead day-to-day operations of multiple work centers within the department; continuous hands-on coordination of Work in Progress (WIP), resources, material and disposition of daily issues related to the assigned department; use continuous improvement methods and techniques; communicate consistently with Director, Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes selection, work allocation, training, development and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate, coach, inspire, motivate and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity and performance; invest in employees welfare through interaction, social events and education growth; select and develop high quality team members; create a succession plan for department; review and optimize assemblers weekly scheduling and output; update capacity plans for business plan inputs.
2. Collaborate with management and employees on innovative concepts to promote creativity; consistently work with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business, including thorough assessment of intangible variables, identifying and evaluating fundamental issues and providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
3. Interface with other departments to communicate and upstream operations and receive and address feedback regarding manufacturing issues affecting downstream departments.
4. Provide quotes and Estimated Time to Complete (ETC) with new products as requested from program managers; participate in Engineering and production transfer meetings; refine and optimize lab methods to continuously improve cost and quality.
5. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
6. Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within work area.
7. Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
8. Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
9. Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
10. Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Works in an environment where continuous improvement methods are utilized to manufacture quality products according to design specifications and customer expectations;
2. Works in a leadership capacity positively influencing employees across functional areas.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Seven (7) years of experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment, including providing solid leadership to staff and working with RF/Microwave components; Five (5) years of supervisory experience; or, three (3) years supervisory years in production control capacity managing production flow in a manufacturing department; Associate of Arts degree, required; Bachelor of Arts degree, a plus;
2. Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence;
3. Communication skills: ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively present information and respond to questions from group of clients, customers, the general public and management at all levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
4. Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
5. Math skills: ability to use advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, permutations; ability to apply basic to intermediate concepts in algebra and geometry; ability to apply mathematical operations such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis or variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis; advanced engineering math skills; ability to interpret blueprints and drawings;
6. Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook, Fastlook and Anzio; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP;
7. Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight time constraints;
8. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
1. Required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
CSOD SYSTEM ID: 7586