To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rogers, MN 55374
- Reinhart Foodservice
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Manager Trainee
Reinhart Foodservice • Rogers, MN
Posted 13 days ago
Position Summary: The Transportation Manager Trainee is a training position designed to provide candidates with proven leadership experience an extensive and focused training to enable them to progress into a Transportation Manager role.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Must be willing to relocate to anywhere in US at the end of the training period.
* High School diploma or GED.
* 2-4 years of related experience focus in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or related discipline.
* Self-motivated, organized and disciplined team player
* Creativity and independent judgment in a fast-paced environment
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Willing to work any shift and any schedule
* This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* College Degree.
* Commercial Driving experience.
* Food service distribution experience.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
* Will learn basic principles of the foodservice transportation industry, rotating through different jobs, working on specific projects.
* Daily interaction with transportation employees.
* Promote a safety culture and conduct safety audits.
* Ensure DOT compliance; coach employees on compliance areas such as Hours of Service, breaks, equipment inspections and paperwork.
* Learn the budget process and utilize knowledge to achieve budget goals.
* Collaborate with other managers to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals or objectives.
* Participate in recruitment, on-boarding and training of new employees.
* Will supervise work groups on a rotating basis.
* Learn routing technology and utilize knowledge to improve efficiencies resulting in cost savings and customer satisfaction.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.