To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
- Stephanie Holodak
- Phone: 8432072512
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Security Administrator
TEKsystems, Inc • Charleston, SC
Posted 8 days ago
Senior Security Administrator
Top Three Skills:
- Policy/Procedure review, updates, implementation.
- Regulatory update monitoring and implementation.
- Security systems technical reviews for optimal ROI.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Security Administrator to add to their new and growing security team. This is a very diverse position. The majority of this person's time will be spent testing controls and verifying or improving their effectiveness. On a daily basis this person could be using SIEM system, helpdesk/change control systems, endpoint protection systems, border security systems, network monitoring systems, and vulnerability management systems.
- Support and actively demonstrate adherence to the Core Competencies.
- Positively exhibit and adhere to BLUE standards to exceed our members' expectations both internally and externally.
- Positively exhibit and adhere to Brand standards and strive to create Life Simplified moments for both employees and members.
- Support and adhere to quality practices to ensure that all actions result in a positive member experience.
- Maintains knowledge of current security best practices and works with the organization to implement those that will protect the credit union data and maintain its security environment.
- Ensures credit union procedures and activities comply with all regulatory requirements and internal policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Conducts assessments, audits, and testing of credit union systems. Provides recommendations and overall enterprise technical security management, develops recommendations for standardized Credit Union wide information security practices, policies and procedures.
- Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Evaluate product and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness of information security across the organization.
- Perform day to day operations of the in-place security solutions and implementation of new security solutions.
- Work with other areas of the organization and IT to develop mitigation plans and remediate issues when necessary.
- Troubleshoots network access problems that point to potential security violations.
- Develop and help implement network security policies and procedures.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Work with internal and external auditors/examiners to ensure the timely completion of security reviews and that remediation steps are taken in response to any findings.
- Provide data security training to employees, management and volunteers.
- Monitor systems for alerts that might indicate a security incident or violation.
- Collaborate with vendors, colleagues, management and agencies to detect and halt security issues that pose a threat to the credit union and its membership.
- Monitor and respond to I.T. help desk requests adhering to the I.T. service level agreement standards.
- Monitor and respond to system generated events (alerts) in adherence to the event management guidelines.
- Adhere to the change management guidelines and processes.
- Promote and adhere to rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to duties and responsibilities of respective area(s).
- Actively participate in training activities, coaching sessions, and meetings.
- Support and promote teamwork among all areas of the credit union.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Skills/Experience
- Possess at least eight years' experience in network security administration or related area.
- Possess a CISSP certification or similar security certification.
- Ability to obtain Certification for data security administration/management as deemed appropriate.
- Experience with security frameworks such as PCI, NIST, FIPS and SOX.
- Possess well-developed communication skills using courtesy and discretion.
- Possess advanced proficiency in computer network administration.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Very collaborative environment. This person will work closely with the security, PC, and finance team.
The business challenge for our client is mitigating risk. They need a senior analyst on their team to help make their environment for secure while they are growing, opening new locations, and acquiring others.
- Brand new facility with a gym, kitchens throughout the building, and new data center.
- They have sushi chefs come in every Friday for lunch and food trucks on Thursdays.
- Very health focused: provide personal training, 21 days shakeology, health fitness beach body coaches, etc.
- Great experience for someone wanting to take their career to the next level. Solid team and good culture. They have very low attrition where some of the team has been there for almost 20 years.
- Also provide great employee benefits including free PTO and branded clothing.
- Communicating via telephone and in person on a frequent basis.
- Viewing a computer terminal for an extended period of time while producing documents and conducting research.
- Listening proactively and responding appropriately.
- Extended periods of concentration.
- Analysis and interpretation of complicated information.
- Multiple tasks requiring prioritization of work.
- Attention to detail.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.