To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual DCC Specialist
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Dallas, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Bilingual Specialist, Delinquency Control Center
PenFed is hiring a Bilingual Delinquency Control Specialist in Dallas, TX . The primary purpose of this position is to perform the duties of an experienced collector, to include contacting and performing collection follow-up and other counseling activities with Spanish-speaking members about the more complex delinquent accounts and maintaining related written records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Initiates appropriate collection follow-up activity on delinquent English and/or Spanish speaking members regarding accounts and maintains on-line chronological records of all facts, information developed and actions taken.
- Determines reason for delinquency and establishes an equitable payment arrangement enlisting the cooperation of the member, and then tracking member’s compliance to revised payment schedule.
- Counsels and assists members in the reduction and resolution of delinquent loan accounts.
- Recommends accounts for charge off to the DCC Unit Supervisor and/or assistant manager.
- Provides in depth productive and remedial financial counseling as needed.
- Analyzes information in the member's record, decides what action will be taken and selects a method for effecting that action.
- Contacts third parties such as relatives of the delinquent member, employers, personnel officers, creditors, or credit bureaus for the purpose of determining whereabouts of the member.
- Provide translation assistance for Spanish/ English, both orally and in writing, as directed by management. Such translations may be complex in nature, to include documents from member attorneys and regulatory departments.
- Prepares extension agreements and loan applications for refinancing or consolidating delinquent loans when approved by the Credit Risk Department or Real Estate Department.
- Takes appropriate action to initiate the repossession of vehicles with authorization of Unit Supervisor, following proper notification procedures.
- Maintains records of all daily activities and reports to the Unit Supervisor.
- Assists with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- In depth knowledge of preventative, productive and remedial financial counseling, required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Spanish required
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
- Limited travel to various worksites may be required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.