To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Great River, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Software QA Engineer
Netsmart • Great River, NY
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Netsmart Technologies, Inc. is an established, leading supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers with over 1400 clients, including 36 systems with state agencies. Netsmart's clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations. Avatar Practice Management and the Avatar Clinician Workstation, Netsmart's core products are full-featured information systems that operate on a variety of operating systems, hardware platforms, and mobile devices and offer unlimited scalability. Netsmart Technologies is #41 on the healthcare informatics top 100.
We look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and exciting organization. We value individual contributions in a team setting, backed by a progressive set of support tools and training. If you are seeking an environment that encourages constant growth and skill improvement, consider a career at Netsmart Technologies, Inc.!
- Evaluates and performs manual and automated testing against new or modified software programs and procedures used to verify that programs function according to requirements and conform to establishment guidelines.
- Writes, revises, and verifies test plans and test procedures for program defect identification and resolution and product enhancement evaluations to attain a level of quality software, economically and efficiently.
- Evaluate, generate, execute, and maintain full test scenarios, cases, and scripts to ensure requirements coverage and replicability with positive and negative testing.
- Collaboratively works with developers to build out unit tests for test-driven development supporting an agile approach as well an additional path to further advance development skills.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, usability, or testing implications.
- Conduct software compatibility tests against changing programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Identify, report, and track product defects as well as addressing need for additional product functionality in a clear and concise form.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow simulated and comparable testing.
- Provide troubleshooting/problem resolution for client issues when required.
- Take initiative, prioritize, and manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment a must.
- Perform various types of testing to include: Unit, Functional, Regression, Portability, UX, and Smoke testing.
- Review End User and Technical Documentation generated for accuracy, completeness, and overall quality.
- Measurement tracking: Identify defect densities, open defect counts, and other data elements contributing to quality metrics.
- Provide estimation of tasks, and on-time delivery against stated schedules.
- Work with the software development team to improve the quality of healthcare software delivered. Makes recommendations for application and test procedure improvements.
Requirements - Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience performing software testing and quality assurance or development.
- Capable of independent work within the full software development life-cycle within a large scale enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of technology with a natural inquisitiveness.
- Extensive troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work together as a team with geographically dispersed teammates.
- Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills
- Reliable and organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to logically identify and resolve issues using a level of abstraction and prediction where necessary.
- Experience with software development, software automation and test tracking tools against Java, Delphi, and/or .Net coding platforms is preferred: Quick Test Pro/Unified Functional Testing, SilkPerformer, Test Director and/or equivalents
- Familiarity with State and Federal Healthcare regulatory guidelines is preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in healthcare management and/or pharmacy support/implementation and with associated software systems is preferred.