To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative - Government Sales
Altec Industries , Inc. • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Building on 87 years of growth …
There’s never been a better time to join us!
Our auction subsidiary currently has an opening for a National Account Manager focused on Government Sales in the Upper Midwest region. This person would be responsible for launching and leading the nationwide effort to penetrate and grow consignment sales from the government industry. The emphasis will be on consignment sales of used fleet and mobile equipment which will be sold at our auctions. We auction all types of used equipment including: bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore our company's strong history. Please go to www.altec.com to learn more.
The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the job, with a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment. If you have the qualifications and, of course, the passion for sales, please apply!
• 4-year Bachelor Degree required
• At least two years of successful outside sales experience within Altec or similar industry is preferred.
• In lieu of Bachelor’s and experience outlined above, 7 years minimum of directly related industry-specific successful outside sales experience is required. In this situation, a high school diploma or GED is required.
• Experience with direct sales of auction services to public sector purchasing or fleet departements will be given strong preference.
• Experience with sales completed through eCommerce platforms preferred.
• Microsoft Office suite and other office management application experience is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision.
• Candidate must have flexibility for extensive overnight travel.
This position is for self-starters with a strong interest or background in mechanical products or equipment, with excellent communication, time management and administrative skills. Other responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement government sector sales and marketing tactics that align with the corporate strategy.
• Identify prospects, pursue leads and secure consignments of surplus government mobile fleet and equipment items for sale at unreserved public auction, from fleets located in close proximity to auction sites.
• Work to engage local account managers in public sector surplus events and activities, building overall consignment volume from public fleets while helping local associates build skill sets which support the development of the government market.
• Continually communicate market trends and shifts which affect the approach to building the government sector business.
• Create a firm foundation and branding in this market on which future, regional associates could continue to grow this market.
•Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity
• People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary, a company vehicle and the ability to earn a significant incentive when you exceed your sales quota. Altec also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.