To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Paramedic/Clinical Specialist Training & Development
American Medical Response • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 20 days ago
Req ID: 101056
***A $5,000 bonus is available and payable as follows: $1,000 payable upon acceptance of offer letter; $1500 payable after completion of 90 days of full-time satisfactory performance; $2500 payable after 180 days***
***External applicants must log on to www.amr.net, click "Careers" then "Search Jobs" to locate the position and apply. Internal candidates must apply via Success Factors on the company portal***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in field personnel recruitment through involvement in area EMS classes and career days. Participate in the selection and pre-placement process including, but not limited to interviews and skills aptitude testing.
- Actively participate in and/or develop a process for the evaluation and/or selection of equipment.
- Develop education process to include course objectives, examinations and manuals for use as lesson plans.
- Coordinate and conduct continuing education courses to include IV certification, ACLS/PALS instructor certification courses, CPR/AED, and certification courses on Lifepak defibrillators. Utilize internal and external personnel and resources to conduct the courses.
- Assist in clinical quality assurance remedial training and performance improvement plans immediately upon receiving information regarding a possible protocol or standard of care violation. In most cases, develop an education component within 72 hours of initial report. Document findings in writing.
- Serve as a clinical resource for field and management personnel.
- Assist in the creation/revision of medical policies and protocols.
- Responsible for the Field Training Officers (FTOs). This includes, but is not limited to, participating in the selection process of FTOs; the monitoring and directing of the FTO program; assisting with development of FTO guidelines and procedures; and coordinating the FTO committee.
- Represent AMR with local EMS education programs and assure integration with internship and preceptor needs.
- Coordinate the scheduling efforts for third riders and clinical intern participants.
- Develop, schedule, and present monthly continuing education programs pertinent to field education needs.
- Function as a paramedic as business needs dictate.
- Work with other CES Coordinators to assure standardization of CES programs throughout the service areas
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties required.
High School Diploma or GED (Bachelors degree preferred).
Minimum of 3 years experience in the direct delivery of pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic.
The following certifications are required: BTLS Provider or Instructor certification, ACLS Instructor certification and PALS Instructor certification. Preferred PEPP provider or instructor.
Experience in performing, evaluating, instructing, and coaching all aspects of the delivery of pre-hospital care
Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
Basic knowledge of computers and Windows software. Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts and principles
Current Colorado State Certification as a Paramedic
Acceptable driving record within AMR standards.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Frequently: Reading, walking inside, seeing.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting.
Frequently: Busy environment.
Occasionally: Extended day.
Constantly: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact, inside.
Frequently: Analyzing, decision making.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, judgment, reasoning.
Occasionally: Terminal, facsimile, computer/typewriter, keyboard, stapler, 3 hole punch, sharpener, calculator.
Frequently: Telephone, pager.
***EOE including Veterans and Disabled***