To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilmington, DE 19801
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Research Programmer/Analyst II or Senior/Provider Profiling-130635
Anthem, Inc. • Wilmington, DE
Posted 12 days ago
Research Programmer/Analyst II or Senior/Provider Profiling
HealthCore, a health outcomes research company in the suburban Philadelphia area, is seeking an experienced Research Programmer/Analyst II or Sr. to join our Wilmington, DE office team. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with naturalistic "real-world" research on the value and safety of various interventions in diverse patient populations. HealthCore’s projects range from traditional claims-based retrospective analyses to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, comparative effectiveness, epidemiologic and drug safety research.
Responsibilities:Responsible for developing and maintaining provider profiling processes, reports, maps, and databases. Work with internal staff in order to develop the business logic needed to support research needs. Develop and maintain provider data and reporting algorithms and standards. Perform ad-hoc queries and provide customized reports based on longitudinal patient databases. Generate patient and provider densities and contact lists for research use. Conduct programming and data quality checks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in EITHER Teradata, MS SQL OR SAS.
- SQL skills should include Transact-SQL language and experience using MS SQL Server
- SAS skills should include: Proc SQL and Base SAS data step programming
- Strong data management skills – will be handling large volumes of health plan administrative claims data.
- Experience with provider network and contact data preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Self motivated, with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with administrative health insurance claims data is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, information technology, public health or equivalent, plus experience (2-4 years for Level II, 5+ years at Sr. level)
Working at HealthCoreIn addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance; tuition assistance, and paid parking.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with new offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment. To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visit http://www.healthcore.com/. EOE – Dedicated to Diversity