To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL 33601
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
PRN Field RN (Home Health-Medicare Certified) - Polk County, FL
Humana • Tampa, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Role: PRN Field RN Home Health - Medicare Certified (Polk County)
Assignment: Humana at Home - SeniorBridge
Location: Tampa, FL
Are you a fit?
Humana at Home - Senior Bridge is seeking passionate, case management professionals dedicated to delivering the highest quality in-home care management programs to complex chronically ill members enrolled in large health plans and managed care programs.
As a Field Care Manager you will provide direct care to members and their families according to the established plan of care and provide a multidisciplinary approach to care.
- Provides nursing services within the scope of practice authorized by the license issued by the state of Florida for a registered nurse;
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es);
- Serves as case manager in all cases nursing and therapy for which he / she may be conducting assessments and visits;
- Is responsible for the clinical record for each patient receiving nursing services;
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs;
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change;
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis;
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process;
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician;
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty (60) days; assures that progress reports are made to the physician, physician assistant, or advanced nurse practitioner when the patient’s condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of care;
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates LPNs and home health aides on care provided every two (2) weeks.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Employs focus, attention to detail, reliability, and appropriate prioritization to drive outcomes. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions.
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions. Lives up to commitments, taking responsibility for the impact of one’s actions. Exercises the courage to prioritize principles and values over personal or professional gain.
- Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Develops and applies deep customer knowledge and intimacy to develop and deliver products, services, and interactions that provide value beyond expectations. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver and optimal customer experience.
- Executes for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes. Determines the best course of action when facing ambiguity. Anticipates and constructively resolves barriers and constraints. Embraces change, applies new knowledge and reconfigures quickly to capitalize on opportunities
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, one year of home health experience preferred;
- Current licensure in the state of Florida and CPR certification.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising LPNs and home health aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- ACHA Level II Background clearance.
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Working knowledge of OASIS preferred;
- Working knowledge of computer systems;
- Knowledge of regulations and understanding of meeting state and federal requirements for respective services a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and to making accommodation available to provide services to a diverse population;
- Ability to work well under pressure; critical thinker.
- Bilingual a plus.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.