To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4400 Oakton Street
Skokie, IL 60076
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Relationship Banking Specialist I, II, III - 4400 W. Oakton St.
MB Financial Bank • Skokie, IL
Posted 5 days ago
This position serves as the “Customer Ambassador” for the bank with the overall purpose of providing quality and efficiency to customers who prefer face-to-face interaction with the bank. The Relationship Banking Specialist is a key member of our sales and service team. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customers’ transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. The individual will educate customers about MB Financial Bank’s sales and service delivery options and recommend the appropriate products and services matching the customer needs. This position will also refer customers to the appropriate source or delivery channel that best fits the customer’s needs. The individual will be responsible for opening new accounts and processing regular transactions such as receiving and paying out money, and keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions in an efficient, friendly and accurate manner per policy and procedures. The employee will provide personalized banking services to financial institution customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Represents the Bank in a courteous and professional manner, by greeting and addressing the customer by name, while providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service when servicing customer needs.
• Responsible for the expansion of existing customer relationships and the development of new business by proactively tele-consulting and cross-selling a full range of products and services.
• Responsible for attaining established monthly and yearly deposit/loan goals.
• Focuses on individual and department goals for revenue producing products for both sales and referrals to other departments such as credit cards, prepaid cards, business banking and investments.
• Thorough knowledge of all products and services and appropriate methods or presentation to the customer.
• Understands and utilizes the needs based sales process, including profiling customer needs and onboarding new customers to meet needs.
• Knowledge of Bank products and services and ability to sell products and services to the appropriate customer.
• Knowledge of the Bank’s computer system to enter and retrieve customer information to effectively service the customer.
• Opens basic deposit accounts and prepares related documentation.
• Receives checks and cash for deposit/withdrawal, verifies amount, examines checks for endorsements, enters customers’ transactions into computer system and issues computer generated receipt according to Bank procedures.
• Complies with over-ride or review decisions and signing authority in accordance with Bank procedures.
• Complies with security procedures established to ensure safety for employees and customers, to safeguard cash supplies and negotiable items, to protect the privacy of customer account information, as well as, follow fraud prevention guidelines established to protect the Bank from unnecessary losses.
• Some travel required. Must be flexible to travel to other bank locations as needed.
• Lives the company values with internal and external customers.
• Complies with all Bank policies/procedures and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
• Other duties may be assigned.
RBS II & III Additional Responsibilities
• RB II & RB III: Opens complex account relationships such as business/corporate accounts and
individual retirement plan accounts; prepares related documentation
• RB II: may have overdraft decision & approval authority
• RB III: has overdraft decision & approval authority
• RB II may be required / RBIII is required to become a specialist in one or more of the following areas:
o LRM (Licensed to sell annuity products) – current Insurance license
o Bank at Work
o Small Business
o Telephone Banker (Retail)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
The Relationship Banking Specialist has a good understanding of the Bank’s products and services and is accountable for delivering guidance by effectively matching customer’s needs with both service transactions as well as through needs assessment and sales. Under Banking Center Manager supervision, the Relationship Banking Specialist will generate leads, build new and maintain existing customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define excellence in the customer service experience.
Individual demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external), understands their importance to MB Financial Bank and understands how his/her job affects customers; establishes and maintains good relationships through interactions or work completed; projects a positive and professional image of MB Financial Bank.
Individual must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Be able to write clearly and concisely, using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Be able to express self in speech; be able to address concerns or problems in an open, non-defensive manner while conveying self-confidence and knowledge of subject in speaking to customers.
Individual possesses and demonstrates the technical ability to perform required duties, is practical in applying knowledge to assignments, and maintains expertise by keeping current with new developments, policies and procedures.
The ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources. Attention to detail at the level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) with:
• RB I: six months of job related experience and/or training; or participation in a formal bank training program.
• RB II: one year of job related experience and/or training.
• RBIII: three or more years of job related experience and/or training
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel spreadsheet software.
Certificates and Licenses
Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS Registry) is required upon hire; certain job responsibilities as defined by the SAFE Act may not be performed until registration is complete. Good standing with the NMLS Registry must be maintained.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.